What is the "best" feature phone to upgrade?
mguider

I am due for my upgrade on my current phone (which I love most of the time) my LG EnV 3 which I have had for 2+ years. Upon learning that Verizon discontinued the EnV series I was really upset, especially since the only good phones left are smartphones. I am about to start my senior year at college and neither my parents nor I can afford a smartphone for this last year of my school. After school, if I get a consitant job I am planning on upgrading to an iPhone regardless of the >$800 I will have to shell out.

So my question is, for the next year or so (two years tops) should I buy the LG Cosmos or the LG Cosmos Touch? I really want a touch screen, but is it worth $50? Is the Cosmos even any good? I know the camera is awful, the keyboard is small, and no video capabilities? Also, does the Cosmos (not touch) let me use mp3 files as ringtones? I know the LG Octane is good, but I don't have $100 and it's probably not worth that much money. Or should I get the  Samsung SCH-u370, which is also $50 although I cannot find it on the Verizon website, but the bestbuy website.

Or should I just wait until Verizon comes out with new feature phones? The only probablem with my current phone is that it randomly turns off all the time consistantly, which is really annoying but has never been a major problem. Is Verizon even ever going to update it's feature phones? Or are poor college students going to have to resort to crappy phones or crappy service (not Verizon?).

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the "best" feature phone to upgrade?
Not applicable

Hi mguider!

By and large the phones you listed have been very popular and most have success with them.  I, personally, like the look and feel of the Cosmos Touch best!  Please visit our site for a direct look at our feature phones!

Hope this helps you out!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I saw the Samsung u370 at Walmart a couple of days ago for $19.99 or Costco for $29.99(with accessories). walmart called it the 'Samsung Reality Updated".

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you clean the battery contacts, then put a couple of very small pieces of index card or heavy paper at the top to make the battery fit tightly, it should help. It's worked for my daughter quite well.

Then just upgrade in a year or so when you are ready; if you like your env3, I'd stick with it! It's a great phone!
0 Likes
Doxielvr3

Don't get a new phone until they offer better phones. I have the ENV3 and refuse to "downgrade" to a junk phone. There are no feature phones even close to the ENV3 though Verizon would like to say that the Octane is but from what I read and people I talk to the echo makes it not worth even getting stuck with for 2 years.

I just bought a new battery from ebay and will continue to just keep this phone or if I have to buy another phone from ebay before I get one of their stinking phones.

To: SuzyQ - longtime Verizon customer
Helping others get the most out of their phones!

I too am a longtime Verizon customer and was like you for years and years. I thought Verizon was tops until they have stopped caring for those of us who do not want nor can afford smart phones.  They have shown what they think of us who just want a good phone with the same features we had 2 years ago without a data plan. Now they want us to think that all that is out there is stinking junk phones when they offered better phones just in the recent past. Why do they think we are stupid?  Its all about the almighty dollar and not the customers.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Doxielvr3 wrote:

Don't get a new phone until they offer better phones. I have the ENV3 and refuse to "downgrade" to a junk phone. There are no feature phones even close to the ENV3 though Verizon would like to say that the Octane is but from what I read and people I talk to the echo makes it not worth even getting stuck with for 2 years.

We have 3 Octanes, I haven't heard any complaints about them. the echo issue was fixed a long time ago. if you know someone that is still having the echo problem, you should let them know there is a fix for it.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Doxielvr3 wrote:

Its all about the almighty dollar and not the customers.

Isn't every public company about the almighty dollar?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi mguider!

By and large the phones you listed have been very popular and most have success with them.  I, personally, like the look and feel of the Cosmos Touch best!  Please visit our site for a direct look at our feature phones!

Hope this helps you out!

0 Likes
xxEstherJonasxx

if i was you i would stick with the env 3

right now all the feature phones suck

unless you wanna add a data plan

the lg cosmos touch doesnt have video but its and ok phone

i have the samsung intensity 2 worst phone ever i really wanna switch back

to my old phone before... but stick with the env 3 you be happy

or if you want internet get the kin thous i heard arent that bad

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm not sure what everyone wants in a feature phone, but i got my son the octane and we both think it's great. i had an env touch 2 years ago and i thought it was great.....but i'm not quite sure what it could do that the octane can't? it had a touch screen, but if you don't use it for internet (which i would think you would just get a smartphone for) then i never really saw the point of a touch screen. just my 2 cents. my son's octane has been great. i also thought it was great that verizon did away with the mandatory $10 data plan. kids (and college students) want to text so they need these "feature phones" with keyboards....but not everyone can pay for data plans so i thought it was nice that verizon did away with that $10 mandatory plan. it would be nice if they offered it as an option though.  

0 Likes
Ikkin00

Stick with the EnV. There is nothing comparable to it. A myriad of reviews claim that the Octane does not come close to the abilities of the EnV 3. 

0 Likes