What kind of impact can i expect on data charges by turning on internet sharing?
tboatsman

Looking at turning on internet sharing but want to understand the data charge implications beforehand.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What kind of impact can i expect on data charges by turning on internet sharing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, tboatsman! Internet sharing services come in handy when other wireless access services aren't available. Depending on your plan, this feature may just use your existing plan hotspot service, or it may require a separate allotment that is billed at an additional charge. If you are on a More Everything plan, internet sharing services are included, and draw from your existing shared data access pool. What plan are you on currently?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What kind of impact can i expect on data charges by turning on internet sharing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, tboatsman! Internet sharing services come in handy when other wireless access services aren't available. Depending on your plan, this feature may just use your existing plan hotspot service, or it may require a separate allotment that is billed at an additional charge. If you are on a More Everything plan, internet sharing services are included, and draw from your existing shared data access pool. What plan are you on currently?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The only impact will be the additional data you use by doing so if you are on the More Everything plan.

Keep in mind you should make sure to password protect your hotspot so that only you would be able to access the data.

0 Likes