When I take video with my HTC 8X the sound covered up with static noise, similar to the old TV white screen noise.
mellosteve

When I take video with my HTC 8X the sound covered up with static noise, similar to the old TV white screen noise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I take video with my HTC 8X the sound covered up with static noise, similar to the old TV white screen noise.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mellosteve,
You've done a great job testing things out for us. It is strange that it is only happening with one app. Was this app pre-installed? If not, try to uninstall it, then reinstall the app to see if you are able to resolve the issue. Outside of that, unfortunately, since it isn't a VZW app, I would have to direct you towards Microsoft. Perhaps they will have an alternate option for you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When I take video with my HTC 8X the sound covered up with static noise, similar to the old TV white screen noise.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hey there mellosteve! I'm sorry to hear that your video feature on the M8 is working properly. I'm here to help. When did the device start having these issues? Does the device have a protective case on it? (if so have you tried using the Video w/out the case? Also, does the device have any physical or liquid damage?  VanetrisC_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mellosteve

I noticed the problem last summer and give up on trying to do video, but would really like to use this feature.  it does have a protective case shih I have already tested without it ND still same issue.  phone has never had any damage to it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mellosteve,

This isn't a known issue with the device so I am surprised that you are having these issues. When you first noticed the issue, was anything else done on the device at that time? Any new apps added, etc? Let's try to put the phone into Safe Mode and test. If it works while in Safe Mode, we will know it could be a 3rd party app causing the static. Here are the steps to put the phone into Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1MrjzMg

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mellosteve

My phone is not the htc one m8, it is the htc windows 8x.  no safe mode for this phone.  I'm hesitant to do a hard reset since I'll lose everything on my phone in the process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mellosteve,
There is no need to worry about losing information on the phone. You are able to back it up with Backup Assistant Plus. This will store any contacts, photos, apps, etc. Then the reset can be done.

ErinW_VZW
0 Likes
mellosteve

Well, I did a hard reset of the phone and recorded video still has static "white noise" over top of the sound.  I've narrowed it down to it being a problem with the Microsoft Camera app direct on the phone.  I've tested with both a sound recorder and another video recorder and the noise is not there on the playback.  Is there a way to fix the Microsoft camera app that comes with the phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mellosteve,
You've done a great job testing things out for us. It is strange that it is only happening with one app. Was this app pre-installed? If not, try to uninstall it, then reinstall the app to see if you are able to resolve the issue. Outside of that, unfortunately, since it isn't a VZW app, I would have to direct you towards Microsoft. Perhaps they will have an alternate option for you.

ErinW_VZW
0 Likes