When is the release date for Windows 8.1 update?
mythos28th
Enthusiast - Level 3

When is the release date for Windows 8.1 update?  You know I pay my bill every month so that my carrier can provide me with the best service.  And yet, I don't see any improvement in my service.  It seems like Windowsphone is an inconvenience to Verizon and that is the way they seem to be treating Windowsphone users.  Do you have the new Windowsphone in stock?  No, but it is available online.  Do you have any Windowsphone cases?  No but they are available in the the color you want online.  Screen protectors?  No the 928 screen protector will not fit the Icon, but let me cut up this other one and make it fit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When is the release date for Windows 8.1 update?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (GRD1) Now Available Smiley Happy

Though you must be part of the developer preview program in order to download it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (GRD1) Now Available Smiley Happy

Though you must be part of the developer preview program in order to download it.

0 Likes
mythos28th
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds like it is half baked.

0 Likes
jazzcatjt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told after I ordered my Icon and called back to ask that here is no set date, but it should not be too long nor should I let that deter me from keeping the order I aplced.  i love my Icon, but every other carrier has the update and we should also.

B33
Legend

You might check: AskWoody.com  sometimes he has info on the windows phones and Tablets.. as well as other great Windows / Microsoft information..

0 Likes
windowsphoneuser

AT&T has released Cyan for most of their phones. Why can't Verizon keep up?

Availability in North America - Nokia

0 Likes
Intrator

So actually they still don't answer your question.

Clearly Verizon does not care enough. Just see how long it takes to get a clear answer. I wish I never purchased Verizon!!!  Smiley Sad

I will switch to Tmobile the moment the service contract is over.

Someone should compose a song "Verizon forgot to service me"

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

VZW doesn't answers those types of questions here.  Don't you know it's a trade secret for VZW to announce software update schedules to it's paying customer.

What do you gain going over to TMobile?  If you're hoping they roll out updates faster than VZW you have big thing coming.

If you're switching carriers to get faster Windows Phone updates you might as well go to AT&T.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mythos28th, we appreciate your business and prompt payment history with us. We haven't been provided with a confirmation or release date for the next software update. However, you can stay tuned right here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

For your convenience, you can view and order compatible accessories for your device right here: http://vz.to/17ycvC I hope that this information is helpful to you and restores your faith in us.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blackdawn37
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the information I received via chat with customer service.  We aren't all hearing the same thing.

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes