When taking video the sound is a loud hiss on the playback (and when transferred/uploaded to computer) drowning out the sound of the video itself. How do I fix this?
mellosteve

When taking video the sound is a loud hiss on the playback (and when transferred/uploaded to computer) drowning out the sound of the video itself.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When taking video the sound is a loud hiss on the playback (and when transferred/uploaded to computer) drowning out the sound of the video itself.  How do I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mellosteve,

I apologize for the confusion, the device does not have a Safe Mode feature. However this link http://bit.ly/1tlOxvk will show you how to reset your phone to fix the problem.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When taking video the sound is a loud hiss on the playback (and when transferred/uploaded to computer) drowning out the sound of the video itself.  How do I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! We want to make sure that we get rid of that loud hiss, Mellosteve. Are you using the default camera application that was in the phone? Or are you using one from the app store? Is this happening on every one of your videos that you take? If you view a video that some one else takes (videos on YouTube) do you hear that loud hiss? When did you notice that this started to happen? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: When taking video the sound is a loud hiss on the playback (and when transferred/uploaded to computer) drowning out the sound of the video itself. How do I fix this?
mellosteve

I'm using the default camera app with the phone. Happens every time with videos that I take with the camera. does not occur when watching other videos, only videos taken with the phone. and when the video is uploaded to a computer or online, the hiss stays with the video.

I just bought the phone a few months ago, so this is the first time I’ve tried taking video with it. I’ve tested repeatedly to see if its intermittent but it’s constant.

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated mellosteve! Just curious, is bluetooth on while you are recording? If so then this may affect the audio negatively. Try turning off bluetooth and wifi. lower the volume to medium, reboot, and retest. Let us know the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: When taking video the sound is a loud hiss on the playback (and when transferred/uploaded to computer) drowning out the sound of the video itself. How do I fix this?
mellosteve

Turned off Bluetooth and WiFi, restarted phone. Still loud hiss over top the sound.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for making those attempts mellosteve! What make & model device do you have? Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
mellosteve

My phone is the HTC windows 8 phone. How would I run in safe mode? Should I just take the phone to my local VZW store?

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mellosteve,

I apologize for the confusion, the device does not have a Safe Mode feature. However this link http://bit.ly/1tlOxvk will show you how to reset your phone to fix the problem.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes