Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
When will VZW get a 4G Windows Phone?
JoshM

I'm just about ready to upgrade my phone. I'm tired of Droid and the bad performance; I don't want anything from Apple. I want to try Windows Phone 7/8 but my next phone must be 4G. Does VZW have plans on getting a 4G Windows Phone? If so, when?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: When will VZW get a 4G Windows Phone?
primortal

Not anything soon, take your business to at&t.  VZW hasn't made any comments on their plans for WP and most likely taking the same stance as Sprint and will wait for Windows Phone 8 to be released.  With that being said you won't see a device till the end of the year or next.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

Verizon's business plan is to release their version of a windows phone right after you sign your contract with AT&T.

SickFreak

Considering how slow VZW is getting phones out.... even if Microsoft releases the code and a OEM gets a phone built by this fall, it'll probably be at least 6 - 9 months after that before VZW allows it on their network.  My guess we're about 18 months away from VZW allowing us to get a 4G/Windows Phone.  (And that will probably only be another low end phone.... Smiley Sad)

0 Likes
primortal

That's what I'm afraid of

0 Likes