When will Verizon get the act together and update the HTC One M8 for Windows and other Windows handsets to W10M??!!!
geraldorigo

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for years starting with flip phones through the LG Chocolate and LG Dare.  I have been a Windows Phone user since the HTC Trophy all the way up to the One M8 for Windows.  What is going on?!! The largest carrier in the US can't support its Windows Phone fan base but they will certainly take everyone's money.  Get your act together Verizon, upgrade the eligible phones and make your customers happy or there will be a mass exodus to other carriers that support phone upgrades quicker than you do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon get the act together and update the HTC One M8 for Windows and other Windows handsets to W10M??!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Microsoft and the manufacturer of the phones are the ones who decide whether or not a device is getting an update. Verizon Wireless is only concerned about how that phone connects to the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When will Verizon get the act together and update the HTC One M8 for Windows and other Windows handsets to W10M??!!!
geraldorigo

Then HTC should be sued if that is the case, the manufacturer promised to support the software of the device for 2 years after the release.  I guess the only way to go is an iPhone for the future as they bypass the carrier upgrade problem and support their devices far more in to the future than any other OEM.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More like Mircosoft. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-supported-phones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to have the latest and greatest on your phone geraldorigo. We have no ETA but while you wait you can stay updated here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

FYI AmberF, the HTC One M8 is not supported device to receive Windows 10 Mobile as per Microsoft so you'll never have an ETA on its upgrade