When will Verizon release the first update "Portico"
jake1110
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure many of you are aware that most people around the world are already enjoying the first WP8 update on their 8X, dubbed Portico that is full of small fixes for the OS, but I now wonder how long it will be before Verizon allows us to download.  I thought Microsoft would be in charge of releasing updates with this OS, but it appears we're still held captive by our carriers in the US:\  I know they have to go through their "quality testing" or whatever they want to call it.  So long as it's within the month, I'll still be satisfied!

Anyone know, customer or employee, when we'll see this thing?  I'm new to Verizon as of last month(joined my company's business account) and have no idea how quickly they deliver updates.

Labels (1)
Re: When will Verizon release the first update "Portico"
illuminati
Enthusiast - Level 2

<< Duplicate content removed.  Original   >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
CosmoNerd

Can you please provide an update / ETA on the 8.0.10211.204 (Portico) update for VZW North America?

Thank you.

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

From my past experience the offer the best customer service and coverage but to be completely honest they have one of the slowest update periods ever. I had a Galaxy Nexus which again was supposed to Jelly Bean update before any other phone...it took 3 months after every other carrier to release the update. You just have to be very patient. (In this case Microsoft might be a little pushy though to get it released.)

0 Likes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes