When will the HTC One M8 get the Windows 10 update?
JBInman

HTC says that they will provide Windows 10 update for HTC One M8, when will Verizon pass it along?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will the HTC One M8 get the Windows 10 update?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will be released after HTC has completed the update and sent to Verizon Wireless for certifying and testing. If the update passes the tests then it is released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Better luck asking a magic 8 ball.  VZW will not confirm or deny when and if they are rolling out Windows 10 Mobile to any device.

You're best bet is to join the Windows Insider program.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Ann154 wrote:

It will be released after HTC has completed the update and sent to Verizon Wireless for certifying and testing. If the update passes the tests then it is released.

There is no guarantee that VZW would even test and certify the update from HTC let alone release it to the masses.

0 Likes
Kopyrite

Are we assuming that HTC has not passed on the update already?  Or do we know?

Regardless of who is at fault, the lack of even basic communication is a disappointing customer support failure for BOTH Verizon and HTC.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Well first Windows 10 Mobile has to come out of beta first which it hasn't.

You might have missed the whole Lumia Cyan/Denim update posting barrage earlier this year.  VZW under no circumstances communicates their update plans with customers, end of story,  So you'll have to sit and wait to see what happens.

0 Likes
Kopyrite

Thanks.  I had not been watching.

So has anyone tried the beta through the Windows Insider program on the HTC One m8? Risky?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC is quite open on the status of the update in their development queue for Android devices. If they communicate in a similar manner for the Windows phones, I don't know.

http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes