When will the Lumia Icon receive Lumia Cyan update?
NeoZon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

If you cannot respect me as a valued customer by providing me with quality service ... then, please, by my family's contract back. I be happy to take my business to someone who does.

Release the Lumia Cyan update for my Icon Phone. It upgrades my phone so that it can function better. By, you (Verizon), holding the update back means you don't care about me getting the best experience with my phone. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: When will the Lumia Icon receive Lumia Cyan update?
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought this phone yesterday 10/11/14 as the salesman told me the update would be available any day now. I'm beginning to doubt that. The up date is taking too long. This is very disturbing and amounts to sales fraud.

0 Likes
erhman2004
Enthusiast - Level 2

Paul,

I take it the sales person did not try to talk you out of getting the Icon?  If not, I wonder if him telling you the update will be out any day was a way to ease your mind and help make the sale?  Or, does he know something we don't?  Time will tell.  

0 Likes
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gee where do I start, What? He’s your employee he works for you and your telling me he might know something you DON’T? Time will tell? No you tell me, please this is not rocket science. Yes or No will the 8.1 release happen soon or at all?

Paul Swann

0 Likes
scon36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Microsoft has announced that the new update will now be called Denim and will be released sometime in Q4 of this year. We are only 12 days in, so time will tell. Denim will include Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana plus a host of other upgrades.

0 Likes
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your effort here. Will this work on the Lumia Icon I just bought?

Paul Swann

0 Likes
erhman2004
Enthusiast - Level 2

That would be nice to get an update that brings the phone completely up to date.   At least for a while any way. 

0 Likes
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I now have 12 days to return this phone and I really do not want to pay a $35 restocking fee for something I can’t get a straight answer.

Bottom line here is the “, so time will tell” in your answer that concerns me, only have 12 days now.

Paul Swann

0 Likes
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

As promised, Yes.

Paul Swann

0 Likes
Paul52
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry erhman2004,

Just realized you responding for the thread, Duh.

Paul

0 Likes