When will the Windows 8.1 Update be coming out for the 8X?
Travis_A

I've been anticipating this update for a long time, and I know there have been new phones that come pre equipped with it.  I was just wondering if there was an ETA on the update, I don't want to download the developer's kit because I hear that is voids warranty on the phone. 

Also on a side note, I've been having issues with texting occasionally. I will try to send a text and it will give me a retry button, I can press it as many times as I want, but it will never send.  The only way I found to fix it is to either try to type out the message again(copying and pasting the message brings up the error 100% of the time) or turn off the phone and turn it back on again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When will the Windows 8.1 Update be coming out for the 8X?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your anxiousness about getting the next update for your phone, Travis.A. Although we're always working with Windows and HTC to get the best update to your phone, I don't have a date on if/when something new will be released. If something new comes out, it'll be available through http://vz.to/10j4ory. As for that pesky text issue, I don't see any major reports on our end with that text issue. Does this happen with the same contact each time? Or with a certain group from one carrier or one type of phone?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
cgsheen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the "can't send" texting issue happen on my 8x also.  Not often, but it's happened a time or three over that last year.  Same as you, the only solution I've found is shutting the phone down and restarting and typing the message over again.

I signed up for the "Preview for Developers" just after I got this phone so I've been using 8.1 for a while.  I think it's a big step forward.

0 Likes
SteveWooden

I Have had the same issue of not being able to send text.  Very frustrating.  I usually have to reboot.  Perhaps the update will resolve this, but Verizon has not released yet. The Windows site indicates that the update was released to vendors on June 24 and they have the responsibility to pass it on to their customers.  I hope holding off on releasing it is not an attempt at getting us to upgrade our phones.

0 Likes
Theapolis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would really l like to know when my device will be getting the update.I have been tracking this thing since it was leaked and it's really getting on my nerves not getting it.

RESQ20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon - we are all eager to get this update, its been out from Microsoft long enough that you should be able to give your customers a timetable as to when they expect to get it.  Please stop stonewalling folks and answer what should be a simple question. When can we expect to see the Windows 8.1 update for our phones?

Mike_MT
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree 100% with RESQ20. I have a new Nokia Lumia phone with Windows 8.0 and I've been waiting for the Windows Phone 8.1 update to be made available to me. Microsoft made the release available months ago, yet Windows Phone users on Verizon are still waiting. Furthermore, the only response from Verizon to this thread still says you have no timeline for if/when an update will be released. If? There should no question of If going on here. Microsoft has released the update, and your responsibility is to get that update into the hands of Verizon customers. Please stop making us play the waiting game and tell us when you'll have this update available for the customers who need it.

zaphod12345

Jennifer,

this text issue happens at least once a month.  along with no sim card found.. only solution is to reboot.  quite annoying.

but more to the point:  when will Verizon roll out the wp8.1 update?  based on the last update, my prediction is Christmas.  why do I say that?  simply based on experience.  The last update, 8.0.10501.127 was released by MS last November.  my phone was just updated to this OS two days ago.  this is a wonderful rollout pace.

regards,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zaphod12345

Thanks for those details about the texting and SIM issue you're experiencing! Do these always happen at the same time? Which software firmware version are you currently running your device? You can check like this: http://vz.to/1oQA5Xx

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SteveWooden

OS version 8.010501.127

firm 3030.0.42201.605

hardware version # 0002

I thought the recent software update might correct the problem, but it did not.  I still have to reboot occasionally to allow text sending.  It allows me to send for a while, and then without notice it will not send until I reboot.

0 Likes