Re: When will the Windows 8.1 Update be coming out for the 8X?
zaphod12345

hope this works..

no. they don't always happen at the same time.

firm: 3030.0.42201.605

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us in the loop SteveWooden! This is definitely a strange issue. When was the last time a full reset/restore was completed? Have you ever replaced the SIM Card in your device? Also, have you contacted HTC directly for a free SIM Card tray replacement to address the "No Sim" error? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
SteveWooden

Looks like zaphoid1234 and I have the same software and hardware.  We also have the same problem with out text locking up on us and not sending.  This happens almost daily for me.  Right now as I am typing I have to hit send three times before the text message will go.  Soon it will not go at all and I will have to reboot.

I had the sim card replaced within the last six months when I got a "No Sim" error, and had the text problem before and after the new sim card.  I updated the software last week to the currently listed software (unfortunately not 8.1 but the latest 8.0).

Any additional suggestions?  You can imagine how frustrating this is, and I suspect most people out there just live with it and don't report it.

0 Likes
SteveWooden

Oops, sorry Zaphod12345, I misspelled your name.  Is that Swedish?

0 Likes
arnestarr

Hopefully by Christmas. Used to have a Verizon based Samsung Gem, an android phone. Samsung updated to the latest massively better at the time OS, but Verizon instead removed it from their list of phones online, making support people have to jump through hoops to even find it, if you used Samsung's direct update, you fried the phone, and Verizon NEVER made the update available, forcing the phone to be replaced as it got older and older.  With our HTC phones (and the Nokia's as well) there was a sound glitch where with audio off, it STILL triple beeped a missed call. I was one of the first to report it and it took a while to convince Verizon, HTC AND Microsoft to open tickets on it. Being that this only affected two specific Verizon Windows 8 phones it was clear where the problem lay. That one was about 3 updates and a year later before it finally went away...

Also have had the Can't Send Text Try Again on the SMS for multiple updates, and only a reboot fixes it each time. MAYBE since this minor update did mention SMS that that particular bugaboo will go away. Only time will tell.

Now, when is the 8.1 update happening? And please tell us you are not rewriting it like previous others and adding bugs as usual, it'll be next year in that case at best...or buy our new phone...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for the individuals that get the No SIM error. HTC is actually replacing the SIM tray at no cost when you call them at 866-449-8358.
If a new SIM doesn't work for you, then SIM tray replacement is the route to go. I do apologize for any frustration this may have caused.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Peleg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the SIM replacement and it helps with the no SIM error.  However the title of this thread is still no addressed by Verizon.  So I will ask again.

VERIZON.  Are you listening?????  Please let us know when we will get the 8.1 update.  We all really want to know.  As it turns out I am eligible for a phone upgrade shortly.  If I do not get the update by then I will drop Verizon and go with one of your competitors.  I do not say this lightly.  I have been with Verizon since 2001.  I have showed brand loyalty...please show us customer loyalty.

0 Likes
SteveWooden

Thank you.  I did contact HTC and they were very helpful.  They are sending me a SIM tray replacement and I will let you know if that resolves the problem.

I do agree with the others concerning the Windows 8.1 update.  It has been highly publicized and anticipated for many months.  It is disappointing that VZW was not ready to provide the update immediately.  One of the promises I was given by the Verizon store when I selected the windows phone was that we would get timely updates.  Even some courtesy information about expected release date, why it is delayed, or any other information would be helpful. Or just tell us that the update will never come.  Knowing one way or the other would help us make better informed decisions rather than accusing VZW of playing marketing games.  This is not good PR.

0 Likes
zaphod12345

steve... no. my user name is taken from "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". Zaphod is one of the characters..

0 Likes
SteveWooden

Sure, Zaphod Beeblebrox I believe.  One of my favorite movies. 

0 Likes