Where is Portico for HTC 8x?
bgoodbody
Contributor - Level 1

This update is long over due, Come on Verizon get with the program!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Where is Portico for HTC 8x?
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Come on I need this now. This update has a feature that I would use all the time (text reply to missed calls) nevermind al the little fixes it comes with and EVERY OTHER CARRIER THAT HAS THIS DEVICE OFFERS THIS UPDATE.

You were pretty good with the Trophy but, this is a joke, enough is enough, release it now. I used to think Verizon was better on WP updates but, now you are the worse...

This is nothing new for verizon....Ever own a Android phone ? They are the same way....Worst company for updates ever...

They might have a good network but, if they can't support their customer needs why even us them ?

0 Likes
CmdrKeene
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  When will this update come?

0 Likes
SeanA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure if Verizon pay any attention to this forum.

The best thing that you can do is to post a request on their public facebook site (possibly a daily post and you may want to mention the fact that they are behind all their competitors), and do the same with HTC and Windows Phone's public sites.

Then followup with phone calls and e-mails to both HTC and Verizon's customer service centers.

You won't get immediate satisfaction (I've been doing this since the 20th of Dec), but this will raise the level of awareness within Verizon that this is a poor performance, and people are taking note.

Sample text below:

• Hi Verizon,The Portico update for HTC Windows Phone 8x is now 55 days delayed compared to your competitors. T-Mobile and AT&T are fully deployed and the update was released on 19 Dec.This lack of focus on client service is embarrassing to you (especially when compared to your competitors) and frustrating to your clients - please will you work with HTC and Microsoft to get this update deployed, and to fix the process.Thank you

had-enough

<Duplicate post deleted for cross posting per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mayno71
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea, where is the portico update for the 8x?!! i'm "this close" to absolutely bashing Verizon Wireless on all of my social network feeds (facebook, instagram, twitter etc.) regarding their slowness and lack of transparency on the whole portico update. almost 2 months now...and my 8x phone continues to have so many problems. very poor customer service from Verizon. if i don't get the update w/in the next week, i am going to bash Verizon on my social networks. tired of this nonsense!

0 Likes
NickxxVT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the customer service. I went into the store to pay my bill and it took the person 10 minutes just to find how much I owed. I mentions the MMS issues after and he held my phone in his hand with a blank look on his face. The people working in these stores need to learn about the products before selling them. I've had no help with the MMS or random reboot issues from anybody at Verizon. I doubt that we will see the update at all.

0 Likes
absonj
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I am sure I am going to get flamed for this, but here is my two cents.

Maybe its just me, and I am a lucky one. But whats the big deal about an update? I keep hearing about this Portico, and what it does and doesn't offer. From what I am reading, it doesn't fix any issues I have. Wait, I don't have any issues. I only rebooted the first day I got the phone. My battery life is crazy, all day with music, internet, facebook and what not. Yea I can't send MMS, but never really did, bluetooth works, 4G stays connected when I am not on wifi, my wifi does turn off when I go to sleep, but connects asap when I turn back on, my data usage for this month is only just over 200 mb, last month just over 500 mb, so its not sucking data when wifi is off.

Not all updates are good, look at iTunes11, took my wife forever to finally get it to work, and thats just barely.

Yea, Verizon may be 'slow' with updates (had the TB waiting forever for the ICS update!) but nowhere in my contract did I see anything that said they would update the phones whenever possible. I spent 200x more money on my truck, but any updates I put into it to keep it running like new is on me. What everyone is wining about here sounds like you bought your ride, and expect the manufacturer or dealer to give you the newest engine, or suspension, or program for it.

I am still extremely happy with my phone, its performance, looks, overall awesomeness. I actually am worried that the update will take it a step back. Oh yea, I have heard the update made some phones worse. But hey, its an update, right!?

Flame away boys, flame away.

My name is Jerry, and this is my Windows phone.

0 Likes
mayno71
Enthusiast - Level 2

if u would read what the update fixes (or has fixed on the other networks) you'd understand. there's lot of software bugs w/ the OS and bluetooth has a lot of problems AND there's features that other 8x users have but only w/ the update and only on the other networks. but for me, it just want a stable phone w/out the random reboots and SIM card errors and i want my damn bluetooth to work with my car when all other phones worked fine w/ my car. apple does it right by releasing their software updates regardless of what network you're on. and if your phone works great, then good for you, but there are many of us that don't have the same experience as you. so to state that we're whining is quite lame.

0 Likes
absonj
Enthusiast - Level 1

But when you purchased your windows 7 or 8 OS, or Mac if thats what you use, do you get automatic updates to the next operating system (ie W7 to W8) free? Or do you purchase the OS, knowing any updates to the next better OS will require you to purchase that OS?

I understand the desire to have a phone that functions like it should, but everyone should know by now that Portico wont be coming to Verizon any time soon, so complaining about it doesn't help. Trust me, us old Thunderbolt users wined for years it seemed before they finally released ICE for it, but by then, it was such an outdated model, only diehards (or loonies) still had the phone.

I guess my complaint isn't so much the update itself, its the squeeky wheel. Yes, it may get greased, but too much squeeking and its easier to replace it (see Thunderbolt). Waiting patiently and letting the higher ups figure out which end is used for sitting or thinking, and it will come.

Eventually.

Maybe.

My name is Jerry, and this is my Windows phone.

0 Likes