Where is my 8.1 update??? !!!
superwindows8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still waiting for my phone updates for 8.1 and Cortana... What's up Verizon?  I should not have to purchase a new phone for the update that is already in your stores! 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is my 8.1 update??? !!!
Not applicable

See the numerous threads on this subject.

Patience you will get it eventually. When is not clear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

See the numerous threads on this subject.

Patience you will get it eventually. When is not clear.

0 Likes
vznjb

I filed an fcc complaint against verizon for lack of updates.  They called me within a week or so.  According to the person who called me, Verizon didn't receive the actual cyan update from nokia until this month.  They said that all of the rumors of them having it since July are just rumors.  They are expecting to have it tested and released sometime in the 4th quarter of this year.

All that said, I just don't buy it.  I recommend everyone with a Verizon Windows phone other than the HTC One M8 that comes with 8.1 should file an fcc complaint.  At least let them know that their customers are fed up with always being the last to get updates while lesser providers take care of business.  Verizon also screwed me with updates on the Droid Bionic when I had it.  I don't see anything changing.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

You wont get and answer from Verzion, you can get the update legitimately.

Get Windows Phone 8.1 now legitimately!

0 Likes
reevejf

Will Cyan activate XLTE on the phone? Im debating getting one for my work phone, but lack of XLTE is making me think twice.

0 Likes