Re: Who wants a premier offer for WP10?ie Lumia 950,950xl
meStevo
Enthusiast - Level 1

The details aren't all that relevant to me, if Verizon can't make the 950XL happen I'll be moving to provider that can. After waiting several months for an update 'soon' to my Droid Turbo I'm done with the complications some carriers add to devices.  I'll be off to Google Fi or a competing carrier if the service provided isn't what I want, simple as that.

0 Likes
niebuhrian
Enthusiast - Level 1

Honestly, like others, I have bought into the Win10 ecosystem and appreciate the OS much more than its counterparts. My Nokia 822 has been a great phone, and provides me with a type of interaction that I don't get when I pick up my wife's iphone. We've been with Verizon for many years; I've been waiting for the Nokia flagships and hoping the unlocked version would be compatible with VZW. I want to take a measured approach to this but am in need of a new phone, now. I've been month to month for almost a year waiting on the MS flagships, to find out they won't be usable on the network even in an unlocked format, is frustrating to say the least.  

0 Likes
LikeMyWindowsPhone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even though I have been with Version for almost 10 years, I will switch to other carrier, too if VZW is not going to carry Lumia 950XL.

0 Likes
IAmVortigaunt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep, same here.  Been with Verizon for a decade.  I'm tired of their lackluster support for my platform of choice.  I'm willing to give up my unlimited data and go to ATT.  They always get the best Windows Phones at launch.

Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

Personally I want the Lumia 950, more so than the 950XL. But really if it came down to it I'd take either. I'm OK with timed exclusives but if a variant of the 950 or another really nice flagship W10M device (with support for features like Continuum, microSD, and a dedicated shutter button) doesn't hit Verizon by the end of the year I'll be extremely disappointed. My sister keeps trying to switch me over to AT&T but I'm willing to wait a while before I decide anything.

Mistic67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a firm believer in quality.  I've switched carriers before so as to get the device that I wanted.  I even switched from a Windows phone to an iPhone because the specs were better.  Now that Microsoft has debuted the phone of the century, it's extremely disappointing that I will have to switch carriers on my 5 lines of service.

I've worked with cellular technology beginning in the late 90's.  I can tell you Verizon made the best out of CDMA, which was the first iteration of cellular.  Europe competed and devised GMS technology.  Over the years, competition grew world-wide, which is partly the reason cellular service is as cheap as it is today.  Verizon invested heavily into the (then) US standard, which is why they are number one in the US when it comes to coverage.

However, Verizon seems to have a grudge, either against Microsoft or Nokia (unconfirmed).  This is obviously the reason for Verizon's lack of Windows phone choices and support.

Nevertheless, the Lumia 950XL is the cellular phone I've waited years for.  It's almost a crime that Verizon did not get in on this market.  Based on the specifications, this phone blows away any other competitor's flagship device.  Verizon must have realized, at some point, that they were going to customers over this event.

To all Verizon moderators reading this -- it was fun while it lasted.  Unfortunately, if I cannot take advantage of the full features the 950XL has to offer with Verizon's services, I will have to bid you adieu!  Whatever is left on what contracts I have, you'll have to take the loss.  If you cannot provide me service on my future 950XL (as soon as I have it in my possession), then you have failed as a service provider and, unequivocally, cannot hold me responsible for breaking what's left of my contract.  Great service, lousy choice of devices.

Oh yeah...Verizon, don't ever call me again asking me if I want a google device!  Next time, you're going to have to pay me for every time I tell you I don't want a google device...which should be an easy $1K in my pocket!!!

bbrackeen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well put Mistic67. IMO CDMA is dead, at least to me.

I felt very reluctant when I made the switch to Verizon way back when. I left GSM which was the standard of most of Europe.

I prefer we get away from carrier locked devices. I would rather invest my money into the hardware I want. iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc. and choose who provides me with service.

You remember HD-DVD and Blu-Ray?

Verizon is looking a lot like HD-DVD right now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

HD-DVD was the better platform... Blu-Ray won out because of DRM capabilities and also gained marketing favor because of it. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
NolMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought VoLTE was replacing CDMA. Of course that's going to take time.

0 Likes
DaveN39
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, after sending a rather lengthy email to Verizon Corporate, I received a phone call this morning in response.

The 'representative' basically told me that the 950/950 XL are not currently in their new device database, and that there is no mention of it being offered on their system. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that it or an equivalent phone won't be offered at some future point in time.

I've been getting that same speal from Verizon for years now, and with this latest information posted in the news today, Verizon's grandfathered unlimited data users face $20 price hike - CNET , this combination is the straw that broke the camels back.

I've got a local rep checking the specs of the 950/950 XL to see if it will work on their 3rd party wireless network, and if so, I'll be switching all my lines to them or AT&T as soon as these phones are released in November.

0 Likes