Re: Who wants a premier offer for WP10?ie Lumia 950,950xl
Tidbits
Legend

Also the reason Verizon hasn't added it is because the FCC hasn't approved it for them. Also we are talking about T-Mobile, MetroPCS, and other carriers that already offer it. Not everyone is going to be on AT&T and Verizon...

0 Likes
slippercream
Enthusiast - Level 1

VoLTE?  Win Phone X calling is directly integrated with Skype Smiley Happy, right on the call/dial interface.

Can't see Google nor Apple doing that anytime soon...

(Yeah I know, not the same as VoLTE.  But some people and companies live by Skype and Lync / Skype Biz these days.  No one can deny that any other alternative comes close.)

0 Likes
NolMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can go directly to Microsofts webpage or store. They are doing just that and selling them as you say they're not. There is two choices. An unlocked version or an AT&T version directly on their website. Clear as day. The box does included a warning that it won't work on CDMA networks. Now you absolutely cannot use programs like jump. Those programs do cost more in the end though anyways.

0 Likes
NolMac
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I said about wifi calling is that it's not even on Verizon yet. Which I'm guessing we're all customers of. So can't be a big deal to us. All said about the Nexus is that they're not talking to anyone. I've never said wifi calling would work.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

WiFi calling is available on Verizon to customers on postpaid plans with VoLTE Advanced Calling compatible phones within the Verizon Messages app.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Again for the Nexus that's not true just because it is no longer sold on carriers doesn't mean they are not talking. Project Fi shows a long standing relationship with Sprint and T-Mobile. Even their Google Voice features show a long standing relationship as well.

Show me where Google said they are not talking to carriers. It is already confirmed by MS they are not by their own mouths.

The reason why the Nexus devices are no longer sold by carriers. Logistics. The Nexus 6 was so bad in terms getting it into carrier stores and sold online that they realized the did not have the capacity to produce enough phones to do what Apple and Samsung do.

As for jump. So is leading and owning a car. They are more expensive than buying the car outright. The point is it's more manageable to do so than to fork over outright cash for things. It also allows them to get the latest and greatest every year. Also with potential promotions it might actually be cheaper. T-Mobile $5 lease JOD for example, or even Sprints Lease option would make it cheaper than buying outright and always having it.

0 Likes
TomSawyerB
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go to the Microsoft Store on your Windows Phone and D/L the Windows Insider App. It will give you access to Windows 10 on most windows phone. (I have the 929 (Icon)). Keep in mind that it's still a build versus an official OS, BUT the newest version came out this week and it is Phenomenal! Hands down awesome. So you can at least have Windows 10. As for the 950, I'm considering swapping over to AT&T when the 950 does finally hit. Keep that in mind Verizon. 8 years with you guys (3 were with Alltel, but that doesn't really matter). I'd hate to swap but it's not something that would kill me to do either.

0 Likes
nechpech
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work for an MVNO and the maps the carriers provide (the ACTUAL maps) are about 70% accurate.

0 Likes
techfranz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have red some reviews on Lumia 950 and 950XL and they say the build quality is not the premium we would expect from a flagship phone.Sounds like they are great mid-grade phones though.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

I'll do a review once mine arrives.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes