Why Am I Being Prompted To Install An Update For An App I Don't Have?
ReallyMadCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nokia Lumina 822

I uninstalled a number of Apps that I didn't want including Verizon's Backup Assistant Plus when I first got the phone months ago.

I am now getting an alert that an app update is available for Backup Assitant Plus.  How do I get rid of the update notice?  As long as it is there I can't do an update all for other apps that I actually have.

I use Companion Link to synch with a local PC.  I don't want any of my data stored in the cloud under any circumstances.

Why is Verizon trying to install an App I don't want?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Am I Being Prompted To Install An Update For An App I Don't Have?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand the desire to customize your device and limit the usage of certain applications. Backup Assistant Plus can be removed from your home screen tiles but will still be available under Settings and cannot be uninstalled. You do not have to use Backup Assistant to sync any of your information if you don't want to. The application will be there if you chose to utilize it but will remain dormant if you don't go through the initial set up, even after the update.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

You're sure you uninstalled the Backup Assistant Plus?  Reason I ask is it a phone setting and those settings cannot be uninstalled.

Anything in the app list can be uninstalled.  Anything in the settings cannot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand the desire to customize your device and limit the usage of certain applications. Backup Assistant Plus can be removed from your home screen tiles but will still be available under Settings and cannot be uninstalled. You do not have to use Backup Assistant to sync any of your information if you don't want to. The application will be there if you chose to utilize it but will remain dormant if you don't go through the initial set up, even after the update.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes