Why am I allowed to pin something in Kids corner if it is restricted there?
bettylou64
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have downloaded several apps, some that I know my daughter would love.  Most of the apps work just fine when I pin them to kids corner, but some do not.  I recently downloaded the "pin image to start" app.  I tapped & held the icon, saw it said "pin to kids corner", so I did, but then when my daughter tried to use the app, she couldn't.  She was able to search & select images, but when she tried to save it, she got a "UH UH UH!!  You can't do that here"  So why was it even able to be an option to pin it to kids corner?  That is not the first app this happened to us.  It is  frustrating.  While I'm asking about kids corner, why can't I add the photo album to kids corner? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I allowed to pin something in Kids corner if it is restricted there?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Sounds like an issue with the application then the os.  Contact the author of the software and see if it's a known issue.

_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Windows phone will let you put any app that you have in your phone into Kids corner. However that doesn't mean the developer made the app for kids corner. So basically when your kid tries to save the picture, its not able to do it because the app is designed to be accessed by the administrator not by anyone else

I just looked up the app on the store, It says "last updated 12/6/2011". Primortal is correct. The app is most likely outdated and have not been made to be compatible with all of Windows 8 features including kids corner

You should email the developer and notify them about the problem

You cannot add photos to kid corners because that has to do with the OS. Windows Phone 8 wont allow it because I think they don't want kids to be adding or deleting pictures

bettylou64
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you both!   I never even thought it could be the app itself.  _yankees_ thanks for going the extra mile & checking the last updated date!  I will follow both your advice & email the developer.  Thanks!

0 Likes