Why am I getting texts from 5555?
Bojack201

I  having this same problem. I get a text from 5555 and it says someone is accessing my messages go on Verizon and change your password and gives me the IP address of who is accessing it. 2nd time in 1-2 weeks I've had to change it. When this happens not long after I get a text for my yahoo instant password because I have it set to send a password to my phone. The IP address is from Los Angeles, California. I have the IP address if that will help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I getting texts from 5555?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bojack,201, I would be just as concerned with a message like this too. This sounds rather odd, as we would not send out a message informing you of something like this, especially from a short code.

This sounds like it could be a possible phishing scheme. Did you use a link provided from that text message to change your password? Was this for your My Verizon or a different account?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bojack201

No, I did not. There was no link besides what my phone turns numbers into. I will attach an image. After I get that message I start getting a ton of yahoo instant passwords texted to me from yahoo. The IP is linked to Los Angeles, California from a Choopa LLC. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote: img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

Why am I getting texts from 5555?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Nokia Lumia 822 - View the full discussion

Bojack,201, I would be just as concerned with a message like this too. This sounds rather odd, as we would not send out a message informing you of something like this, especially from a short code.

This sounds like it could be a possible phishing scheme. Did you use a link provided from that text message to change your password? Was this for your My Verizon or a different account?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Nokia Lumia 822 by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
MINWATERS

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm experiencing the same thing for a couple weeks now--changed my Verizon password & Apple ID multiple times.  Getting text verification codes from Circle, Authy & now PNC bank, which really scares me!  Please let me know if anything worked for you!  Smiley Sad

0 Likes