Why can I not get internet sharing on my Nokia Lumia 928 to work?
kagehato
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can I not get internet sharing on my Nokia Lumia 928 to work?

When I turn internet sharing on, I get a message saying that this service requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect and to call customer service.

I have tried calling the 611 number for assistance but I was put on hold for hours. I even tried looking online in the Verizon community for an answer. From my understanding of the answers I saw on Verizon's website, with the Verizon plan, mobile hotspot is free to use and that you are charged based off of your data plan.

All I need to know is, how can I get this setup so that my phone can use internet sharing and whether or not any additional fees will apply.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can I not get internet sharing on my Nokia Lumia 928 to work?
Snn5
Legend

Does your current plan include hotspot?  Tell us the name of your plan:  More Everything, Single/Individual line, loyalty line Nationwide, Family Share, etc....

0 Likes
kagehato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the verizon plan medium 3gb. I looked up and down the page for my account and even went to add features to your plan, and there are no options for hotspot.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
kagehato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know I should. That's what I don't understand. I go through the process of turning on internet sharing, and I get a message saying that this service requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect and to call customer service. I called customer service, but I waited over an hour. I'm not sure if it's something on their end that is not allowing me to use internet sharing.

0 Likes