Why does my voice mail go to someone else's phone?
Needahuman

When someone calls my phone and I don't pick up, the call goes to another person who has to be annoyed by now.  I've never set up call forwarding and have gone through the process of setting up voice mail.  Calls still go to this other person.  I can't seem to get a human from Verizon on the phone or in chat to clarify this issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my voice mail go to someone else's phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for bringing this concern to our attention Needahuman! allow us to look into this from a provisioning level. If you can send us a private message then we can gather  some info and get this resolve for you.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Needahuman

I was able to find a way to contact a human and they resolved my issue.  I guess the phone set up call forwarding on its own to a person I have never met in my life.  The old *73 is what clears call forwarding.  I was then able to setup my voice mail. 

0 Likes
Ljolley23

For weeks now my Verizon phone that is used for my small business is forwarding all my business calls to a random teenagers phone! My business clients leave personal information like name and address when they leave me a voicemail and it’s all going to this teenagers voicemail! I’ve called customer service and can not get any help! I’m considering a law suit at this point as personal information is now being compromised 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like your call forwarding may be active, Ljolley23. You can end this by dialing *730 + Send. Please let us know if this helps. EricW_VZW

0 Likes
KingOgg

*73 gives the 3 beeps but doesn't fix it. I've already chatted with 2 agents. One who told me to try *73 then dropped my chat and told me I needed to open a new chat to try again. 2nd agent was informed up front *73 didn't work. So they had me reboot my phone. Then had to have someone else call me which still didn't work (agent wasn't able to call me). I informed them. They told me to please stand by then eventually disconnected my chat too. Horrible chat service. 

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes