Why has Backup Assistant has stopped syncing on my Nokia Lumina 822?
ajhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked like clockwork each day until about 10 days ago.  Now it fails with "cannot contact server" or "server busy".  Feels like there has been a "change" and someone forgot to notify the paying customers.  What's up, Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why has Backup Assistant has stopped syncing on my Nokia Lumina 822?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajhart, Let's get your back-up working again. What zip code are you at? Is anyone else affected?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ajhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone on the planet?--you tell me...I only know of myself

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would have your contacts backup to your Outlook account or any other account then use the Verizon backup assistant.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ajhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would love to click the correct answer button but nothing has happened in the last month.  Backup Assistant has been unavailable for backup about 22 of the last 30 days (has worked for two days in a row this week).  It would be helpful to provide the service you have promised to provide.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered the suggestion I provided a month ago?  I haven't used the Verizon Backup Assistant or Verizon Cloud in years because I keep my contacts on my email account instead.  This method has allowed me to move between multiple phone OS platforms and multiple carriers without losing access to my contacts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
georges_vzw
Verizon Employee

ajhart,

It's never our intention to have an issue go on for such a long time. You're right, the service needs to connect more often than twice a week. I'd like to have you do some troubleshooting. Please turn off your WIFI, and attempt to manually sync with Backup Assistant. Just in case, here's how to do that: Back Up Contacts - Backup Assistant Plus - Nokia Lumia 822 | Verizon Wireless

Are you able to browse the web with WIFI off? We ask this because Backup Assistant needs to connect over our data network in order to properly sync.

Please let us know if these steps, or Ann154's suggestion, help resolve your concerns.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes