Re: Why have I given up on Windows Phone
primortal
Master - Level 1

I know it will be a year too late but I'm hoping Windows 10 will change the app problems being the apps will be universal across all Microsoft platforms.  Personally I'm not an app junkie and the apps I have installed are what I need and if not, I'm comfortable going to websites to get what I need done.

For me it's just VZW doesn't take Windows Phone seriously even though they lied through their teeth saying they wanted Windows Phone to be their third ecosystem.  You can't say that and the piss all over the platform.

I really do hope when Microsoft releases Window 10 to the phones via the Preview for Developers program that in will include the firmware as rumors alluded to.

rcschnoor
Legend

Contrary to what Apple history re-writers would like you to believe, there WERE smartphones BEFORE the iPhone. It WAS NOT the "very first smartphone".

primortal
Master - Level 1

People keep for getting about Apple's Reality Distortion Field Smiley Happy

We had the Windows Phone Mobile(Windows CE/Pocket PC), Palm OS and Blackberry.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

pa2k4p wrote:

You can't seriously compare the launch of the very first smart phone against the launch of a new smart phone platform in an already mature market. C'mon.

Just to use 1 manufacturer, RIM:

BB 5810 released 2002

BB 6210 released 2003

BB 6510 released 2003

BB 7210 released 2003

BB 7750 released 2004

BB 7100t released 2004

BB Pearl 8100 released 2006

BB Curve 8300 released 2007

I am sure I may have missed a few Blackberry devices in this list.

The very first iPhone was released in 2007, WELL AFTER there were already smartphones on the market!!!!!

Oh, by the way, I was using a windows phone 3-4 years ago with the HTC Touch Pro 2. I stopped using Windows Phones because of the lack of app support. It has not improved much in those years since I left. THAT is what is killing WP, not Verizon. Simply because they update their OS does not make it a new "smart phone platform". iPhone has updated its OS, Android has updated its OS, they don't call themselves a "new smart phone platform" every time they do so. C'mon.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I never realized people thought apple made the first smartphone. I used to sell lots of Palm/Treo/Windows/Blackberry devices back in the day before the iPhone. Even back then and thru my 19 years of cellular we always sold less of the windows devices, and saw more returns in them than any other platform. As this has continued I'm sure that's why.

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Oy Vey.

You know what I mean. Go ahead and throw some Windows Mobile devices in your list too. Sure, there were "smart" devices at the turn of the 2000's. I know, I worked on them and wrote what we used to call "programs" for Palm and CE devices. Derp.

rcschnoor
Legend

No, I don't know what you mean. You make a statement you KNOW to be false????

pa2k4p wrote:

You can't seriously compare the launch of the very first smart phone against the launch of a new smart phone platform in an already mature market. C'mon.

and expect to be taken seriously?

When you say "the very first smart phone" I tend to think THAT is what you mean.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

You win the internet, smart guy.

Thanks for contributing your vast knowledge and highly relevant opinion of semantical grammar to the conversation. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

After re-reading your posts, you are probably right. Exaggerations, half-truths(if that) and misinformation are a good way to make your point.

Oh, and of course a few insults thrown in to sweeten the pot.

0 Likes
pa2k4p
Contributor - Level 1

Please, tell me more about how the introduction of the iPhone is anything like the introduction of Windows Phone 7.