Re: Why is Verizon planning to block the Microsoft Lumia 950XL?
Tidbits
Legend

No, but I follow block C rules closely. If a device is protected by block C it will work on Verizon. Verizon can't stop the device.

See

Nexus 6

All unlocked iPhones that support band 13.

Moto X 2015

These devices with an activated sim will say the device is not a Verizon device and work. The system does not know the ID like the most recent article being passed around is clamoring about.  Verizon changed their system 4 years ago and also stopped offering CDMA based devices around that time (unless you count basic phones).

Microsoft already went on record multiple times after John Legere called them out for lying. He specifically said they had interest and would love to carry the 950 but MS isn't talking to anyone and gave it to AT&T. MS press people then admitted it and said it was true. Then they said it is a shorter short term thing and plans something for the long term. This gets me to believe the 950/XL are short term stop gap devices to showcase windows 10 since they won't finish their new Surface branded phone this year. So they are going to do limited production. Under the surface name I believe they will make universal devices like some of the ones I listed. I hope that's what happens. I hate carrying multiple phones for work and home. I am device and OS agnostic.

Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits

Prove where you saw that information, AS SAID in your other thread where you seem to be just bashing Windows Phone (Must be an Android or iOS user).

It was clearly said that Microsoft TALKED to Verizon, and Verizon didn't want anything to do with them and would BLOCK the 950 and 950XL from their network if Microsoft enabled the bands...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Lol me bashing windows phone? What have you been reading? Link the comments where I bashed the platform. Did you just skim through my posts?

Any please site this source of your that MS talked to Verizon and that Verizon said they blocked it.

Like I said before if it were true then the FCC. Would have been involved. They are not and hearsay FCC won't bother it. The fact remains to date any unlocked device that complies with Verizon bands and has band 13 can be put on their network and Verizon can't stop them.

Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

@weth

Look up this subject on REDDIT, there was someone who had access to the 950XL and dropped a Verizon SIM in it and it did nothing.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If it was that link you linked then I will tell you to stop listening to them and they are using it purely for click bait. Verizon has not authenticated that way for LTE devices since at least 4 years ago.  They actually had problems with it with a lot of their devices because of it.  Here you go an article from 4 years ago about the scheme Verizon changed to. http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/19/this-is-why-your-verizon-galaxy-nexus-or-other-4g-lte-vzw-ph...

They switched away from CDMA authentication for LTE device. You no longer need the ECID to use the device on the network. However you still need it to activate a Sim card (this is still true for AT&T and T-Mobile). If you don't believe thia is the same for GSM carriers. I ask you to buy the unlocked 950 and go to a GSM carrier don't have a rep activate your sim. Call customer care to activate it. They'll ask for your IMEI every time.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Of course it did nothing... it doesn't support the band's needed to do something. Sounds completely logical...

Tidbits
Legend

FYI I have said multiple times I will buy a 950. I like the OS. I'm just saying MS chose not to put the support for Verizon on their own accord. John Legere said themselves that they were interested but MS didn't bother to even talk to them. I am looking for the article where spokesperson from MS said that was correct in what Legere said. It's so cluttered it's a pain.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Lol, it’s obvious by now that tidbits works for Verizon he refuses to acknowledge Verizon’s history of problems with phones other than Apple, especially Windows Phone. There are countless stories and examples of people experience with how Verizon has treated Windows Phone. The people on the pod cast are reputable people in the industry and have knowledge and contacts in tech world. You can’t simply dis-miss them because you don’t agree with them or what they say doesn’t support your points/views. The majority of Windows Phone users in regards to Verizon know Verizon plays a Major role on which phones they want and allow on their system. It is true Microsoft disabled the bands because they already know from history what Verizon does. I believe Microsoft should have gone ahead and included the CDMA bands and made a disclaimer in the packaging and on the Phone that Verizon and Sprint does not support the Phone. This way we could be the ones to pressure VZW to allow the phone in there system. Never the less, it should be clear to anyone that Verizon has to take the bulk of the blame for this. Microsoft has its part, poor Marketing, slow App Developers to name a few. But please stop trying to give VZW as pass. As stated before, most Windows Phone users just want Verizon to leave the phone alone to fail or succeed on its own without interference from Verizon and its Sales Reps. Be a little more objective at least.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If ever we had a down-vote button or a dislike....your "must work for Vzw" comment would be marked so.

0 Likes