Why is my device telling me headphones are plugged in?
Jeanie_Russ

I have a lumia 928 and about 4 months ago it started saying i have headphones plugged in all the time. The audio doesnt work unless its on speaker phone. PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: nokia lumia 928
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! That's a long time to go without the phone working properly, Jeanie_Russ. Many times this is caused by something in the jack. It may not be ab actual set of headphones plugged in, but something as small as some pocket lint or debris, or even corrosion if it's come into contact with moisture. Check in the jack to make sure there's nothing in there that could be confusing the phone. You can also try plugging a headset into the jack and then unplugging it to see if the phone recognizes the removal.  Let us know if those steps help.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: nokia lumia 928
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my! That's a long time to go without the phone working properly, Jeanie_Russ. Many times this is caused by something in the jack. It may not be ab actual set of headphones plugged in, but something as small as some pocket lint or debris, or even corrosion if it's come into contact with moisture. Check in the jack to make sure there's nothing in there that could be confusing the phone. You can also try plugging a headset into the jack and then unplugging it to see if the phone recognizes the removal.  Let us know if those steps help.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes