Why is the Lumia Icon's ringtone lower than when previewing the ringtone in settings/system/ringtone sounds? (The volume is set at 30 in all cases.)
laxreader

Why is the Lumia Icon's (929) ringtone lower than when previewing the ringtone in settings/system/ringtone+sounds? (The volume is set at 30 in all cases.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is the Lumia Icon's ringtone lower than when previewing the ringtone in settings/system/ringtone sounds? (The volume is set at 30 in all cases.)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure we can figure it out together, laxreader! Does the audio work okay with other functions? Have you tried to set another ringtone? Is the volume still low?

Share details so that we can further assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why is the Lumia Icon's ringtone lower than when previewing the ringtone in settings/system/ringtone sounds? (The volume is set at 30 in all cases.)
laxreader

Hello Lena,

Yes, tried all those things.

After going back and forth with Verizon's "tier 2" technical support over the last 2 days, a chat session with Nokia, no call-backs-as-promised by your technicians, then having them reinstall the phone's software -that didn't fix the problem. So they are sending me a re-manufactured replacement phone. But not a NEW ONE, because I didn't realize the problem within 14 days. You see at first, I just figured the phone had lousy volume, until I was previewing ringtones when setting the alarm clock. The phone is about one and a half months old. I have expressed my desire that a NEW phone be sent, but NO says Verizon.

I've spent enough time, in good faith, Verizon would solve this matter, but in the process of their re-installing the software they've screwed up Backup Assistant.

Thanks.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I'm guessing they had you do a hard reset of the phone?

Oh and stay away from Backup Assistant it's pointless on a Windows Phone being all your contacts and text messages are stored on OneDrive (once enabled).  Plus if you ever decide to go to another carrier you can at least get most of your data being OneDrive is carrier independent and can be connected to any device.

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Just another example of the LACK of customer service!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update laxreader. I know this is very frustrating but I'm happy the manufacture is sending you a replacement device. The device will not be new after 14days. The certified like new phones work just as awesome as a new phone. Please keep us posted on how that phone is working and also whats happening with your Backup Assistance?

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Customer Service you would know this HOW?  You people must think we are a bunch of hillbillies.  Remanufactured usually means it was broken and someone fixed it or at least change out some of the parts.  They may work but usually not as well as new.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Remanufactured also means it can be a device with nothing wrong and can't be sold as new. You know all those people who do returns within the return window.

0 Likes