Why won't my Samsung Convoy 3 stay connected to bluetooth?
gargoyle1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having connection issues with my Samsung Convoy 3 phone and Jabra Drive bluetooth.  Initially the phone and device paired and connected great.  I could leave the car and reconnect to the bluetooth with out an issue.  Recently though, I have turned on the phone bluetooth then the Jabra Drive and they do not connect.  I finally get them to connect after playing with different combinations of connecting on the phone and turning off and on the Jabra Drive.  Although, it is not consistent on what combinations work.  I have had to turn off the Convoy 3 and turn it back on if there was still a connection failure.  Today, I had to turn the phone off and back on after the bluetooth functions were totally unavailable on the Convoy 3.  Are other people having bluetooth connection issues with the Samsung Convoy 3?  Is there a solution to this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Convoy 3 bluetooth connection problem
gargoyle1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a battery problem with another Samsung Convoy 3 phone and brought it into Verizon on on2/15/14.  There was an update to the phone software available.  I had that phone's software updated and my phone updated as well.  So far, this update seemed to correct the bluetooth connection issue with the Jabra Drive.  I will see if this is a permanent solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@gargoyle1025

I understand the need to stay hands-free when driving!  When did the connection problem with your Convoy 3 and vehicle Bluetooth start?  Have you tested the Bluetooth feature on your Convoy 3 with a Bluetooth headset?  What happens when you connect your Convoy 3 to a Bluetooth headset?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gargoyle1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the unit for just over 2 months and started having the issue about a month ago.  Also, there is something new whick occured.  When in the bluetooth menu on the phone trying to reconnect, the phone froze and rebooted (turned off and back on) by itsself.  I have not tried the phone with a bluetooth headset since I do not currently have one - I would only use one in my car so I opted for an in car unit.  My father has the same phone with the Jabra Drive unit and is experiencing the same problem.  Other people I know are using the Jabra Drive and do not seem to be having this same issue with their phone and bluetooth unit.  In the mean time, I will try to locate a bluetooth headset and see what happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gargoyle1025 thanks for the additional info! Lets get you connected and using the bluetooth function with ease! While you try another bluetooth handset, I would also recommend updating the device to the closest towers to help improve the connection http://vz.to/1gkFHIp . Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gargoyle1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will run the update on the phone.  I have paired the phone with another bluetooth device - a portable bluetooth speaker.  Initially it connected fine, then I tried it again last night and experienced the same connection problems I am having with the car bluetooth unit.

0 Likes
gargoyle1025
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a battery problem with another Samsung Convoy 3 phone and brought it into Verizon on on2/15/14.  There was an update to the phone software available.  I had that phone's software updated and my phone updated as well.  So far, this update seemed to correct the bluetooth connection issue with the Jabra Drive.  I will see if this is a permanent solution.

0 Likes