Why won't my comcast e-mail stop syncing?
kimluellen

I just put comcast email on my phone and it just keeps "syncing"  how do i make it stop?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my comcast continues to sync
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

I also have a Comcast email account. I have never had this problem.

A couple of things to try:

Tap the three dots (...) in the lower right corner

Tap settings

Tap your Comcast account

Tap Sync Settings

Change the setting under Download new content, set it to manually (you can change it again later)

Change Download email from, I suggest set it to "the last two weeks"
Tap the check mark at the bottom to save changes, twice.

If that doesn't do it, delete the Comcast account and set it up again. When you set it up, let the device find the server, don't manually fill that in.

You can also go to Comcast web site and set an auto forward for your email and set it to forward to another email address if you want.

Also on your phone you can link multiple email accounts after you have set them up.If you have other email accounts, you can  link the inboxes so that you limit the number of tiles on the start screen. I have one email tile for my work email which is on an exchange server, and one that has all of my personal email accounts linked (Comcast and Live.com or Outlook.com, or any other email.)

I hope this helps.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

I also have a Comcast email account. I have never had this problem.

A couple of things to try:

Tap the three dots (...) in the lower right corner

Tap settings

Tap your Comcast account

Tap Sync Settings

Change the setting under Download new content, set it to manually (you can change it again later)

Change Download email from, I suggest set it to "the last two weeks"
Tap the check mark at the bottom to save changes, twice.

If that doesn't do it, delete the Comcast account and set it up again. When you set it up, let the device find the server, don't manually fill that in.

You can also go to Comcast web site and set an auto forward for your email and set it to forward to another email address if you want.

Also on your phone you can link multiple email accounts after you have set them up.If you have other email accounts, you can  link the inboxes so that you limit the number of tiles on the start screen. I have one email tile for my work email which is on an exchange server, and one that has all of my personal email accounts linked (Comcast and Live.com or Outlook.com, or any other email.)

I hope this helps.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, kimluellen!
Let's get it to stop. Have you been able to try the steps provided by jsh17001?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes