Why won't my device power on after an update?
javadan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update for Windows was run this morning---it actually made me run it twice.  I was initially able to use my phone but now I get nothing but the battery/power cord symbol.  The power button doesn't work at all.  I have tried soft boot of the down volume and power button.  Seems to reboot but same screen appears.  I cannot access anything on the phone.  Is there any help on this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ran update this morning. Now power button doesn't work and soft boot brings to the battery/cord icon as if there's no power. Can't get into anything. Any help on this?
javadan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually got it to power up later. The two updates must have totally drained my phone even though it was plugged in all night and on my drive to work and at work. All power cords are functional but appears to be solved now and it's charging ok and no problems.

Thanks for the follow-up. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Sent from my Windows Phone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ran update this morning.  Now power button doesn't work and soft boot brings to the battery/cord icon as if there's no power.  Can't get into anything.  Any help on this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, javadan! Thanks for letting us know about the problem with your software upgrade. I'm very sorry for the issues you're having. Based on the two attempts to process, I would have to say there was a problem with both install attempts. You may need to process a factory reset. Which model device do you have?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Ran update this morning. Now power button doesn't work and soft boot brings to the battery/cord icon as if there's no power. Can't get into anything. Any help on this?
javadan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I actually got it to power up later. The two updates must have totally drained my phone even though it was plugged in all night and on my drive to work and at work. All power cords are functional but appears to be solved now and it's charging ok and no problems.

Thanks for the follow-up. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
Re: Ran update this morning.  Now power button doesn't work and soft boot brings to the battery/cord icon as if there's no power.  Can't get into anything.  Any help on this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi javadan!

Awesome! We appreciate the update, we're here if you need us.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes