Why won't my new device recognize my SD card?
LaneDEA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a four year old Cosmos. Got an SD Card around six months ago. Accumulated about sixty pics and sounds I use as ringtones. My new Cosmos 3 doesn't read any of the previous data. I have taken pictures with my new phone that show up. The Verizon store guy said the data had been lost. Yet, I put the card back in my old phone and everything is still there, except the pictures I took with my new one. I have looked through all the settings and can't figure it out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SDcard problems on new phone
LaneDEA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually it wasn't too hard to figure out. The old phone had it in a different directory and folder setup by filename... And funny enough it changed from 'sounds' and 'pictures' to 'my sounds' and 'my pictures'. So just a quick little linkup with the USB cable on the charging device I was able to cut and paste them into the correct folder. It's kinda funny how much these phones are still basically computers despite the fact they are basic. Everything turned out well!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaneDEA,

That's peculiar. And ultimately good news given the SD card information hasn't been lost. But let's get it transferred. May I ask if you've tried transferring the pictures from the original Cosmos with the SD card to your computer and then from your computer to the new Cosmos http://vz.to/Ne7m0I ?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LaneDEA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually it wasn't too hard to figure out. The old phone had it in a different directory and folder setup by filename... And funny enough it changed from 'sounds' and 'pictures' to 'my sounds' and 'my pictures'. So just a quick little linkup with the USB cable on the charging device I was able to cut and paste them into the correct folder. It's kinda funny how much these phones are still basically computers despite the fact they are basic. Everything turned out well!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear it LaneDEA! You're exactly right! Today's devices are very much like handheld computers. Here's more device support if you ever need it! http://bit.ly/yN1P80

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes