Why would anyone install BETA test software on their perfect working phone?
GT_Sensor

I hope that everyone crying about WP 8.1 that installed developer software on their phones can't get the update. That would just be too funny. I bet these are the same people that hate every new OS that Microsoft puts out and just complain, complain and complain. If you hate WP8; get and Android or Apple phone. Then you can can complain about not getting Lollipop or the newest Apple whatever. Ever heard of being content?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why would anyone install BETA test software on their perfect working phone?
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Ever heard of fact checking?

The Preview for Developer program does not roll out beta software. It's just a much faster way of getting the O/S updates. The thing we're all complaining about is the lack of the accompanying firmware updates that enable many of the features to work properly.

Highest among that list are the camera and video functions.

0 Likes
JPRZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearly - you don't know what you are talking about.   It is not BETA software.   It is developer software.   I installed it a couple of months ago, and my Icon has been working just fine, and I have received subsequent updates.    For those waiting for Verizon to push out WP 8.1 or the Cyan or Denim firmware, good luck.    Verizon, for unknown reasons, is either holding them up, or just not going to push these updates.   I learned my lesson with Verizon.   If you want a Windows Phone, don't use Verizon.   My next Windows phone will be with another carrier.

0 Likes
GT_Sensor

"It may contain bugs". "It may void your warranty". Call it what you want to make yourself feel better; it is BETA software. I bet you folks flash your BIOS too when you are not even having an issue!

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

You are making zero sense. What does a BIOS have to do with an operating system that can easily be rolled back if you're having problems with it? A BIOS is more akin to the firmware which our good friends at Verizon refuse to give us.

You clearly have done no research at all into the PFD program. If you don't want to participate that's your prerogative but it's been proven over and over that each update to PFD is rolled out by carriers and the version numbers match. It is not beta software in any way, shape or form.

The disclaimers are written by lawyers as a CYA tactic and nothing more. I haven't seen one report of someone bricking a phone with PFD. Issues? Sure, but those are connected to the lack of proper firmware and those people have had no problem rolling back.

0 Likes
jeffindayton
Enthusiast - Level 3

sorry, updated from DP with no issues

0 Likes
penterax
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suggest you would communicate the idea of contentedness a lot better if you wrote from a peaceful place in your mind rather than spew your irritation all over the people who have behaved in ways you don't like.

Contented people don't wish for bad things to happen to other people.

0 Likes
GT_Sensor

Why is the word BETA in blue letters present when Cortana opens then?

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Cortana is still consider beta even in official releases of the operating system. No different than any other beta app.

Totally irrelevant to what you were ranting about.

0 Likes
ResQme

Best $20 I ever spent was to join the PFD just to get Windows 8.1 loaded on my Icon.  Love the phone and love it even more now with Cortana.

0 Likes