WiFi Question
BeemerRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I'm connected to my wifi at home should my Trophy be using the wifi for data access or will it be using the 3G access on my data plane?  With my WinMo phone I had the little arrows that would tell you of a data connection.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi Question
calvin8714
Enthusiast - Level 3

it will use wifi for internet access when connected to it, while keeping the 3G signal for verizon active (phone calls, texts, etc). there isn't a similar icon notifying of wifi/3G usage on windows phone 7.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
calvin8714
Enthusiast - Level 3

it will use wifi for internet access when connected to it, while keeping the 3G signal for verizon active (phone calls, texts, etc). there isn't a similar icon notifying of wifi/3G usage on windows phone 7.

0 Likes
BeemerRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Calvin.  I had been putting it in airplane mode and then connecting to wifi just to make sure it was using only wifi.  I had thought my Ozone was supposed to do it that way too, but THAT phone seemed to use 3G a lot of the times with was connected to wifi at the house.

0 Likes
jstfinkaboutit
Enthusiast - Level 3

for the record: don't 100% quote me on it, but i believe the next major update is rumored to have additional icon indicators. i don't sources to verify, but i want to say i read it on microsoft's windows phone blog a bit ago.

0 Likes