Will Verizon be carrying Windows 950 , 950XL ?
lovemywindowsphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will Verizon be carrying the new Windows Lumia 950 and the 950 XL in October? 

Labels (1)
Re: Will Verizon be carrying Windows 950 , 950XL ?
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Not likely, unconfirmed leaks say ATT & T-mobile, but no one knows for sure until Microsoft and Verizon says they are or are not. We will know more from Microsoft's announcement on October 6.

Microsoft's Announcement

0 Likes
hazlgrnguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sincerely hope so.. I responded on a previous Lumia 950/950XL question that I (and my other 4 lines) will likely leave Verizon if they don't offer flagship phones with the Windows OS.  There are probably over 1 million Windows phone users on Verizon alone, and I think whoever is using Windows OS phones uses it because they love it, despite the lack of sales support they get from Verizon and despite all the droid and Apple fanboys bashing it because it is a great operating system (and therefore a threat).

MedicDW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly doubt they are going to carry it. It seems like VZW is not a big fan of Windows Phone... Their management made it pretty clear that they didn't think windows phone was going to make it since day one. I doubt they are going to proof themselves wrong. Lumia Icon is a good example. A windows flagship barely made any appearances on most VZW retail stores, and their staff tried to talk me out of it every time I asked for it. Why even carry it if they are not going to sell it.

I for one will switch carrier if I can't get 950 XL here. Of course, I doubt VZW is going to care if a few of us leave.

Here's another thought... Why charge early termination fee, if every company is paying each other's ETF?

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another tell-tale sign is that Verizon Wireless will not allow the 4G/LTE iteration of the Microsoft Surface 3 directly onto it's network. A surrogate device like a smartphone or a Jetpack is needed.

Watch for VZW to not allow the new Lumia phones to be brought onto the network either.

It looks like Microsoft and VZW will be parting company by the end of the year.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Tablet and phones are different. If the device supports the 700 spectrum it'll work no matter where you bought it from. If it doesn't it's not Verizons problem but MS problem for not supporting said spectrum.

Look at Nexus 6, iPhone 6, and Moto X 2015. They support the spectrum so they can't be blocked from using.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless advised that simply inserting a SIM card into a Microsoft Surface 3 isn't enough to bring the device online. There needs to be a product code for the S3 built to assign/associate to the SIM card.

As of now, there is no code for the S3 in the system...and with the sour relationship between Microsoft and VZW, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for that to change.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's for activations

See Nexus 6, iPhone 6, and 6S not purchased through Verizon. They do not activate Sims but they work. When Verizon gets the IMEI at that point they can do activations.

Food for thought.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that those devices are/were available from VZW so they should be easy to bring up.

With the S3...VZW requires the use of a surrogate device. It isn't looking very good for people wanting to purchase a new Windows Mobile unit and turn it up on VZW.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Look back in  November fir the Nexus 6. Motorola admitted the didn't give Verizon the IMEI. The could not activate. If the sim was activated already the phones worked fine. Same goes for the devices listed and the Moto X 2015 model.