Will Verizon carry the Lumina 950 and 950XL?
DonJones1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

This close to the release dates of the Microsoft phones - Lumina 950 and 950XL - someone has to know if Verizon is going to carry it.

Verizon support - are you going to carry this phone ?  If not, then I need to change my carrier.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Re: Will Verizon carry the Lumina 950 and 950XL?
Kody_Z
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon does not carry the Lumia 950 or 950XL, I will also move my five lines to a different carrier

Re: Re: Will Verizon carry the Lumina 950 and 950XL?
TommyLGrundy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a customer longer than the Verizon name has existed.  Verizon has been unabashedly hostel toward Microsoft phones and with good reason; it's all about the money.  Why even consider a phone OS with less than 3% market share.  Why invest the time support?

The answer is also money.  Working professionals that have seem continuum will pay the premium to be on the best network.

OldManRiver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with the original poster:  if Verizon wants to keep me and my family as customers, they'll offer the 950 and  950 XL.

It is a money issue, sure, but the cost to support a smaller market share phone is significantly and proportionally lower too.  Sure there is a base cost to support but honestly it can't cost that much.

And just how big is 3% market share?  And why would you not want a piece of that action?

I'm not sure what the answers are to these questions, but I'm not happy with Verizon's half-hearted efforts to support this 3rd phone platform.

Personally, I've seen real benefits out of Windows 10 and think the overall Windows/Microsoft strategy of a single OS is a really good one.  I'm seeing the goodness of that already without it being on this latest generation of phones or tablets.

primortal
Master - Level 1

There's a good percentage of us folks that want the 950 and 950 XL, particularly the 950 XL.  The issue here is that the Verizon Support folks here can't answer if VZW will or will not carry the devices.  VZW is very tight lipped about what devices they are and are not going to carry and that decision sits at the executive level and doesn't filter down unless there's a press release or some announcement.  So your posts proclaiming you're leaving if you don't get the device is just telling the rest of us Lumia loves your stance and not the executives.  It's in every ones best bet is to reach out the VZW Leadership,

http://www.verizonwireless.com/aboutus/leadership/executive.html and express your love for the 950's

TheApex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I'm with you.  I'll be switching carriers if they don't carry the 950xl.  I am so tired of them doing this.  How hard would it be to just CARRY the device.  Not even promote it or anything.  Just sell the phone.  I have 6 lines on my account that will all be on ATT if they don't.  I hope the reconsider and will just let the phone be purchased. 

wbweston
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree. My contract is up and I was waiting for the announcement yesterday from Microsoft to see more details about the Lumia 950 XL. At this point I am all in. If Verizon does not offer it I'm gone.

jnewton3D
Enthusiast - Level 2

I certainly hope that MS and Verizon strike a deal to provide the Lumia 950/950XL on Verizon or that it will work unlocked on the Verizon network.  I compared the networks and bands specified for the Lumia 735 on Verizon and the 950/950XL both have everything the 735 is reported to have (ala the MS store and Phone Arena).  But the lack of CDMA per se seems to indicate that they will not work on Verizon's 3G network even if it will on the 4G LTE.

As for updates, I think you can get updates via the Windows Insider program to get around the carrier's slow distribution.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

New phones are always exciting DonJones1963. At this time we do not have any information reagarding the Lumina 950 or 950XL.  You may register for alerts on new products and services by clicking,  http://bit.ly/dDumph Please know that we certainly do not want to lose you. What exactly about this device intrest you? Have you checked out our remaining device line up? http://vz.to/1zM6Nl9

Thank You,

Michelles_VZW

Follow us @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DungeonofDroz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

New phones are always exciting DonJones1963. At this time we do not have any information reagarding the Lumina 950 or 950XL.  You may register for alerts on new products and services by clicking,  http://bit.ly/dDumph Please know that we certainly do not want to lose you. What exactly about this device intrest you? Have you checked out our remaining device line up? http://vz.to/1zM6Nl9

Thank You,

Michelles_VZW

Follow us @VZWSupport

Have you seen this phone.  5.7" screen, Continuum, Liquid Cooling, Dual Antenna.  And runs the best Phone OS that is out what is not to love.  As Far as looking at your other lineup, it is littered with IOS and Fandroid, Neither interest me in the slightest.

Please bring these and other windows phones to your lineup and "Support and PUSH Them" in your stores.  I will not hesitate to take my lines to the competitors who have already said that they will support it.