Will a Microsoft Lumia 735 SIM Card work in an Android Phone?
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

So seeing that Microsoft will not have any new Windows 10 phones on the Verizon network anytime in the foreseeable future I have one question and I'm hoping someone knows the answer.

Can the SIM card from my Verizon Microsoft Lumia 735 work with any Verizon Android phone?

I seem to recall that back in the day that if your old dumb phones (AT&T, T-Mobile) from 10+ years ago could easily swap out SIM cards from one device to another without any problems, just power it off, remove from one phone and put it in another and power it up.

But I know that Verizon sends out a new SIM card with each new phone model I get from them, so I'm just wondering if I bought a (Verizon) Android phone off of Amazon could I just pull the SIM card from my existing Windows phone and put it in the new Android phone if it will work or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Microsoft Lumia 735 SIM Card and Android Phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as the replacement phone is compatible with VzW's network and uses a nano-sized SIM card like the Lumia 735, then yes ... just move your SIM card to the new phone and you should be good to go.

If the new phone uses a different sized SIM card, you can either get a SIM card adapter from somewhere like Amazon or get the correct sized SIM card free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Microsoft Lumia 735 SIM Card and Android Phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As long as the replacement phone is compatible with VzW's network and uses a nano-sized SIM card like the Lumia 735, then yes ... just move your SIM card to the new phone and you should be good to go.

If the new phone uses a different sized SIM card, you can either get a SIM card adapter from somewhere like Amazon or get the correct sized SIM card free at your local Corporate VzW store or by contacting Customer Service.

0 Likes