Will not receive text messages
strandsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bought my daughter the Lumia 822 and it will not receive text messages.  Sends just fine.  Tried removing battery and restarting but no improvement..

Labels (1)
Re: Will not receive text messages
carrg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I'm very unhappy, and I'm slightly glad your fix didn't work, because now I know it won't do me any good to take the otterbox off.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you called Customer Service there may be something in your plan that could be blocking inbound text messages you might call them and see). Here is Customer Services and Tech Services No. 1-800-922-0204 option 3 for Tech have them Look over you account and have them check to see if there is any thing that could be blocking your Messages..

Good Luck, and Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
MegaMasterX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try uninstalling Skype and going under Messaging > Settings > and turn Text Message and Chat backups off.

There's a known issue regarding Skype's tight integration with the phone, and the SMS backups tend to be wonky. Disabling them is your best bet. After uninstalling Skype, you can reinstall it safely.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi strandsky,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Is the device unable to receive test messages from all numbers? Since activating the device has she ever been able to receive text messages? If so, when did the problem begin? Current zip code? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
strandsky
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone is new and hasn't been receiving texts since we got it. Zip is 85395.

Strans

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you called CS to see if the line was set up correctly on VZW end? Usually a reset on their end should correct the issue.

Problem is you will have to go through the usual steps they want you to go through before they will do it.

800-922-0204 from another line Option 3 in the menu tree (Tech Support)

0 Likes
carrg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wound up calling support, and I think it turned out to be a network issue for mine. As far as I know, I'm now fully operational.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Sweet. Glad you are up and running
0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Had this issue also when I first got my phone. Had to call customer support, had the phone re- initialized and reset by holding down the Volume Button the and Power Button down at the same time to reboot. Not powering down or removing the battery. But by the method just stated.

0 Likes