Re: Will the Lumia 950 work on Verizon?  I am looking to move to AT
Tidbits
Legend

Nothing wrong with that, but right now MS is sabotaging themselves.  If the surface phone is supposed to be their saving grace it's already had a very bad start and potential delays.  I have the 950 and I am at the point there is no reason why a 1 device fits all carrier model isn't there. The surface phone has to be that phone, or myself personally will no longer be on Windows Phone until they do start making it that way.  There are manufacturers with just as small or smaller are already doing this for Android.  Verizon can't block any device made for their network even if they didn't have an hand in it.

0 Likes
Re: Will the Lumia 950 work on Verizon? I am looking to move to AT
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately Microsoft has made it clear that it is taking a limited approach with Lumia phones.

Essentially, that has come to mean that new phones will only be compatible with GSM networks both on a radio and LTE level as that is the dominant system worldwide.

Microsoft doesn't want to spend the money for CDMA certification. Thus, Verizon Wireless users as well as Sprint's are left out.

It is hoped that the Surface Phone, if it comes to pass, will be compatible with all carriers. I haven't seen any indication of what HP's plans are for the X3, but, I'm not overly optimistic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BillP_Studios We understand our customers have their favorite phones, can’t blame you for that. However, we hope that you will not sacrifice service for a phone. Have you had a chance to review the wonderful selection of available devices? We would really hate for you to leave us. http://vz.to/1hXWSlK
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Will the Lumia 950 work on Verizon?  I am looking to move to AT
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most if not all of the Microsoft applications are available on the Android devices. If you have to switch OS types, it might not be as painful as you think. OneNote - Android Apps on Google Play

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I myself will probably switch carriers in the future.  I really don't have a reason to stay with Verizon. 

0 Likes