Will verizon exchange a phone I am not happy with HTC M8 to a Samsung S-6?
gonzo724

I have never had so many problems with a phone & spent many hours and even Verizon reps shrug? Can I exchange for another phone I would like to exchange for Samsung S6 indestructible since they are free right now with 2 year contract which I have just got HTC M8 last month...Jeeze This HTC M8 is good in some respects (auto texting while driving per Cortana but isn't really user friendly The One drive does not transfer files at least I can't figure it out along with the girl at Verizon service counter I just want to put music off iTunes to phone no way that's happening in fact it erased about 900 songs off my PC files.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will verizon exchange a phone I am not happy with HTC M8 to a Samsung S-6?
rcschnoor
Legend

No, you cannot. You would have to pay full retail for the S6. Verizon gives you a 14 day window to return a phone for credit. Since you got this phone last month, over 30 days ago, you are well past that time frame.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, you cannot. You would have to pay full retail for the S6. Verizon gives you a 14 day window to return a phone for credit. Since you got this phone last month, over 30 days ago, you are well past that time frame.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

While you can't exchange it, you could sell it and then use that money towards buying the phone you do want. You might be able to find one used or you'll have to pay full price for it. Just keep in mind if you bought the HTC on an Edge plan you'll still continue to make payments for it and you won't be able to Edge Up without having to pay the extra $299 no device returned fee.

0 Likes
gonzo724

Actually it was free with two year contract and I am not dropping Verizon just want to trade this phone for another one. I have the insurance on the phone I think it's broken...Can't do anything with it. Won't even do caller ID and Block. Should still use android apps with windows platform. Regular apps do not work or load properly actually nothing loads correctly.

I guess I am stuck for another 23 months...

Thanks anyway,

Glenn [removed]

Personal Information removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If it is broken, use your insurance, but you will get a replacement M8. You need to also understand the phone was not free. You did not have to pay anything up front, but in exchange you are locked into a contract for 24 months and paying $15 or $25 extra per month on your phone bill to pay back the phone. This is built into the $40 access fee. If you had gotten an Edge phone or bought the phone outright for full price, you would get that $15 or $25 off.

So your free phone is really costing $360 if you have 4 GB or less or $600 if you have 6 GB or more