Windows 10 mobile upgrade.. Lumia ICON ..Group Messaging (MMS) not working... any known fixes?
Nagolt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded this weekend to windows 10 mobile. I can no longer send or receive group text messages.

Can anyone point me to a fix or solution to this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows 10 mobile upgrade.. Lumia ICON ..Group Messaging (MMS) not working... any known fixes?
Nagolt
Enthusiast - Level 2

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I performed a factory reset and it not only cleared up the MMS group text issue, but the many other issues I was having with the upgrade.

At the moment, Windows 10 mobile is operating fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Windows 10 mobile upgrade.. Lumia ICON ..Group Messaging (MMS) not working... any known fixes?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Go to Settings > System > Messaging and make sure MMS group text is set to On.

0 Likes
Nagolt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response.

Actually that was one of the first things I looked at.

MMS is set to On, but it still does not work.

Any other suggestions?

Is there anyone in this forum experiencing the same issue?

Or better yet, is there anyone using a Lumia Icon running Windows 10 that has group text working?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Icon running Windows 10, but as I despise group texting to begin with I have never tried to send out a group message nor do I recall ever receiving one on that phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nagolt, you came to the right source for help.  Group text messaging should be the least of your worries when using your phone.  Do you receive an error message when attempting to send or receive a group message?  Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our network when sending/receiving group text messages?  Keep us posted so that we can further assist. 

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Zetabean

I did a factory reset on my phone and im locked out and dont know my puk code

0 Likes
techman2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry you're locked out... Did you do a SIM lock before you got locked out (not familiar with puk code)? I know if it was a SIM lock you can login to Verizon and get your reset code for that...

Otherwise, I have the Lumia Icon with Windows Insider set to slow ring and have been getting build after build of Windows 10 mobile without problems with MMS messages.

0 Likes
Nagolt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Wireless Support Team,

When I attempt to send a group message, nothing happens.

No error message or anything. The functionality is the same as sending a single message.

I only know the message has not been sent, because the recipients never get the message.

It also applies to receiving a group text. I never get the message.

I tried on both Wi-Fi and the Verizon network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zetabean,

It is never fun to be locked out of your phone. You can find your PUK code  in your My Verizon account. Here are the steps. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/manage-bua-online-htug/

DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nagolt
Enthusiast - Level 2

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I performed a factory reset and it not only cleared up the MMS group text issue, but the many other issues I was having with the upgrade.

At the moment, Windows 10 mobile is operating fine.

0 Likes