Re: Windows 10 mobile upgrade.. Lumia ICON ..Group Messaging (MMS) not working... any known fixes?
mrgreeves
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat with the same phone.  I was on the insider fast ring with everything working just fine.   I downloaded Garmin Connect app which kept crashing.  I wanted to see if it was the phone so I reset and restored the phone.  The Garmin application turns out to be poorly written.  When I got my phone up and running again, my MMS/group messages weren't working anymore.

I reset the phone again but no luck.  I then used the windows recovery tool and it rolled back to 8.1.  MMS started working again but only as long as I stayed on 8.1.  I upgraded to 10 using the normal upgrade path and it once again broke my MMS.  A newer Windows 10 build came to the fast ring so I switched back to the fast ring, hoping it would fix the issue. It did not.

There is something wrong with the last few builds.  Very irritating

0 Likes
Re: Windows 10 mobile upgrade.. Lumia ICON ..Group Messaging (MMS) not working... any known fixes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrgreeves, we absolutely want to make sure we get your phone working as it should be. So we can help get your phone back to top notch form, please confirm which software version you’re running? Where was this update downloaded from?

You can always view the latest approved version for your phone here. http://vz.to/1QLmwIg

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are on the Insider preview, why don't you report the issue through the Insider's feedback app?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrgreeves
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reported it numerous times on the insider app. I'm waiting for that fix and was hoping someone here might have a workaround.

0 Likes