Windows 10 upgrade
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Microsoft has finally after months and months released Windows 10 update for mobile devices with a caveat that it is up to the carriers to push it out to their customers.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/03/17/upgrading-existing-windows-phone-8-1-devices-...

So what I would like to know is when will Verizon push out the update to my phone which I know is fully capable of handling the upgrade?

I know that when Microsoft release 8.1 Verizon never pushed out the update (for some unknown reason) as I was forced to upgrade to 8.1 via Microsoft Developers app, and 8.1 ran perfectly fine on my then old HTC M8, I now have the Lumia 735 which I specifically purchased with the knowledge that it would get the update to Windows 10 (mobile).

So when is Verizon going to send the new update to our devices?

Do not be jerks by not releasing it to your customers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows 10 upgrade
primortal
Master - Level 1

Thanks, missed your device in the initial post.

You'll have to wait to see if and when VZW will release the update for the 735.  There will be no response here as to if or when.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

If the device isn't listed here, Supported phones for Windows Insider Preview - Microsoft Windows then it's not a Verizon issue but a Microsoft one.  Like the Icon isn't on that list so we're [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] for now.

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

True I don't see the Lumia Icon listed but the 735 which is what I have is listed.2016-03-17 11_58_14-How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile - Microsoft.jpg

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Thanks, missed your device in the initial post.

You'll have to wait to see if and when VZW will release the update for the 735.  There will be no response here as to if or when.

0 Likes
SainOlaf
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have the Lumia 735 you need to install the "Upgrade Advisor" app from the app store. This app will upgrade your device to Windows 10.  No carrier is pushing this windows 10 out OTA in the USA.. every one has to install that Upgrade Advisor app. It clearly says that on the Microsoft page.

0 Likes
eks1910
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which I have installed on my phone, but seems odd that it would say that it isn't sure that my phone is supported when their web-site says otherwise.

wp_ss_20160317_0001.jpg

0 Likes
topher36
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep trying.  Microsoft is rolling this out now.  I am really not sure if Verizon has to give their blessings or not.  Unlike the Icon, 928, and 822, the 735 is not limited to just Verizon.  Let's hope it gets pushed soon.  Would like to know when it does.  I may switch from the 928 to the 735, as it looks like the end of the road for anything other than the 735. 

groadyho
Enthusiast - Level 3

I rolled back to 8.1 last night and like you downloaded upgrade advisor. It got the same message! it's got to be Verizon. MS said only unlocked phones and Verizon tells me my phone is unlocked!

0 Likes
justme12
Enthusiast - Level 3

same on my 735.  What gives?  Is Verizon holding this up?  I may just join the insider program and get it that way.

Very ready to say goodbye to windows phones if I have to go through more waiting.

0 Likes
dwgreenier
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is where it will be listed if and when they upgrade to win 10.

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes