Windows 8.1
TheTas
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, I have been with you with my 4 phones fr years. The very least you could do is let us know WHEN the 8.1 for Nokia Windows phones is going to be released. As you an see by all the discussions about the release and Verizon holding back on the roll out, many people are upset to say the least and more feel this is a ploy to make us buy new phone. Say it ain't so! It is my understanding that Microsoft released to the carriers back in July and still no word. Just give us a ball part idea of when you are going to grace us with this update. I am excited to see all the new features that 8.1 will bring to my Lumina 928.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Windows 8.1
craignh
Enthusiast - Level 1

The lack of a date is pathetic. Verizon,  you should  fix this....

0 Likes
Keith46

Has anyone been able to get Windows Phone 8.1 on the NOKIA LUMIA 928?  Is there any hope for this phone through Verizon?

0 Likes
otv1

I finally did update my 928 to 8.1 by using the preview for developers  program. It takes a while , but everything worked out fine. I now have Cortana and everything else that comes with the 8.1 update. Be prepared to spend 3-4 hours to convert from 8.0 to 8.1..but well worth it. How did I do it? Here's the link :  Walkthrough: A Non-Developer's Guide to Upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1 -- Redmond Channel Partner

Good luck

0 Likes
CFCRuss

To add insult to injury, I just got this month's Verizon newsletter with a large article in it about 'Manage Your Device - Cortana is your personal assistant". It's bad enough that the update is not yet rolled out, but to rub the existence of it in our faces just makes it worse". I thought I was making a good move from ATT to Verizon. Now I'm wondering.

0 Likes