Windows 8 Tablet LTE?
concept999

With AT&T offering a Windows 8 tablet this Friday, when is Verizon slated to offer a Windows 8 tablet? I'm chomping at the bit to pick one up, but don't want to have to switch to AT&T to do it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows 8 Tablet LTE?
MegaMasterX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would expect the Surface Pro to have this, but RT will never have LTE or any cellular connection, as it doesn't have GPS built in. Not only would Microsoft have to implement GPS, but also the CDMA/WCDMA into the already-cramped tablet. Like I said, Pro could bring something new to the table, but as for WinRT...I wouldn't keep the porch light on.

0 Likes
CMDRsheprd

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/04/asus-vivotab-rt-hands-on/

Look at this Windows 8 RT Tablet with LTE and HSPA+ for att. I think Verizon will have an RT from Samsung or the Surface either December for spring 2013. I don't think they will fall that far behind.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Why bother when you just connect it to a hotspot?

0 Likes
Malchir
Enthusiast - Level 1

I for one wouldn't mind paying $10 a month for a Windows tablet. Get to upgrade every 2 years to the newest model, and not have to shell out $1,200.00 at once for 2 of them. (For the wife and I) With AT&T offering one I hope Verizon at least TRIES to stay competitive.

0 Likes
Malchir
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I was looking at their Win8 Kiosk in my local store they had a surface for demonstration below the phones...

0 Likes