Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Windows App Charges
paoArchi15

Just a quick question, Is there an option for me not to use a credit card and instead redirect the app payments directly to my Verizon account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows App Charges
bc3tech
Novice

Unfortunately no, billing goes through Microsoft via your Live account that you set up with the phone. This has a few advantages, not the least of which is that you get to see your purchases from w/in Zune and can re-download/install any of your past applications. You can also purchase apps right on the web and they're automatically pushed straight to your phone.

the lack of VZW support for WP7 that was evident from the day that the Verizon CTO said they weren't interested in WP7. I saw it coming then. Just walk in to any VZW store and ask about the Trophy; the reps give you a one-word answer and walk away - they could care less. If you post a question about a Droid you get a response before day's end, though.

Alas this is something we'll be dealing with until VZW realizes the revolution that's been started by WindowsPhone. Nokia's new hardware is going to blow everything out of the water and rumor has it VZW is going to be getting one. For now my recommendation for anybody w/ a windows phone (on any carrier) is to search & participate on useful forums like WPCentral, WMPowerUser, etc.

When I walk in to a VZW store and ask about HTC Trophy Accessories and am met with anything but "we don't have any *poof*" I'll change my post.

If anybody has any question about WindowPhone or the HTC Trophy please just contact me directly via these boards and I will help you out in record time (compared to VZW :smileywink:)

B

0 Likes
hopmedic
Novice

bc3tech wrote:

the lack of VZW support for WP7 that was evident from the day that the Verizon CTO said they weren't interested in WP7. I saw it coming then. Just walk in to any VZW store and ask about the Trophy; the reps give you a one-word answer and walk away - they could care less. If you post a question about a Droid you get a response before day's end, though.

You're beating last year's drum.  A year has changed his tune.  No, we don't see any real change yet, but it will come.

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/09/23/verizon-ceo-windows-phone-best-blackberry/

0 Likes
bc3tech
Novice

hopmedic wrote:

bc3tech wrote:

You're beating last year's drum.  A year has changed his tune.  No, we don't see any real change yet, but it will come.

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/09/23/verizon-ceo-windows-phone-best-blackberry/

To reiterate:

When I walk in to a VZW store and ask about HTC Trophy Accessories and am met with anything but "we don't have any *poof*" I'll change my post.

0 Likes
chinch
Novice

Verizon spiffs create a scenario where the robot-like salespeople push whatever gathers the highest commission to store/manager/self.

Nokia seems hungry enough and i'd have to think Microsoft's abject neglect of CDMA/Verizon is due to long term plans for Nokia to do a CDMA phone like the Ace/9000 4.3" likely LTE which WOULD finally create a device verizon would pimp, push and promote.

Other than locking you into a contract - mostly based on FUD coverage issues and/or existing family plan contracts - Verizon has no concern for you as a customer. don't believe me just threaten to leave and see what they do other than say "have a nice day good bye".

0 Likes