Re: Windows Phone 7
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

chodi wrote:

@jimho... as for limited, i just read limited supplies, nothing about a limited run - i sure hope you are wrong and vzw gets their {word filter avoidance} together.,..

Fair enough ....

but, not sure there's a difference from a practical sense- limited supplies will all but guarantee limited support and limited availability. It all means the same when you need to replace your device or some quirk happens like the standby lockup with the TP2 that makes you want to toss an otherwise good device out the window while driving over the George Washington Bridge.

I hope i'm wrong and they get their stuff together ... I'd like to think that past performance is no guarantee of the future but this is Verizon we're talking about not a stock..  from the Treo to the TP, to the TP2 - that's three dogs in a row that were made that way because of Verizon's customizations, support and policies- not because of how they came from the manufacturer and were originally intended to be configured.

As much as I want the Trophy, I've got one of those little voices telling me that if it does sell out fast, there will probably be something better right around the corner that will make me regret the decision to get it now... especially after I was able to finally hack my TP2 enough to stop it from locking up. The flip side is if it doesn't sell well, Verizon will probably shift blame to Microsoft, call it a dog and use it as an excuse to nix Windows Phone altogether.

0 Likes
Grimmr74

I want a WP7 or else... I will continue to wait until one comes out on verizon because overall I'm a very satisfied Verizon customer

0 Likes
Lugnut1369

I hope they release the HTC Trophy soon.  I limped my xv6900, windows 6.0, along for 6 months after my contract expired until the screen died.  I bought a gently used xv6975(Imagio), windows 6.5, to get me through till a WP7 would be released on the Big Red network.  That was 6 months ago and I am about at my last straw because I have recieved sales calls from Big Red to try and get me into a new contract and phone because I have been out of a contract for so long.  If I dont see anything by the end of the month I will have no regrets about jumping ship to another provider so I can get my WP7.

0 Likes
moncenhs

Cnet.com is reporting a release date for the HTC Trophy.  I'll believe it when I have the phone in my hand. 

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20059924-85.html

0 Likes
WP7SmartPhones
Enthusiast - Level 2

moncenhs wrote:

Cnet.com is reporting a release date for the HTC Trophy.  I'll believe it when I have the phone in my hand. 

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20059924-85.html

Ditto.  I have seen so many leaks and the leaked (unofficial) dates pushed out that I don't believe any of the rumors.  Im just glad Verizon can't mess with the OS like in the past.  I hope they didn't mess with the hardware spec. that much.  At least it has to meet Microsoft's minimum requirements, which are decent. IF Verizon makes this date, it may be a new record for them.  They will be less then two months behind Sprint on the release of a Windows Phone.   

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just wondering....  did they delay it to force us all to sign 2 year contracts?  are they going to delay it further to not allow us to get unlimited data?  if that is the case the censors are going to have a field day with me...

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon is not known for "surprises" or efficient/quick releases of phones. This is because CDMA is unique to verizon (and sprint) and 90+% of the world uses GSM (at&t, tmobile phones) so Verizon is LIMITED in thier choice unless they do a specific phone (i.e. original droid) exclusive to Verizon.

The Verizon Trophy also appears to be a world phone with 16GB and SLCD so that is a tweak and improvement over the original "trophy" from overseas.

The next logical Verizon WP7 phone would be the Trophy+keyboard aka the TP2 followup on Windows Phone 7.

Of course a vertical slider makes a whole lot more sense and T-mobile and now AT&T have that covered in the Dell Venue Pro.

jimho wrote:

chodi wrote:

@jimho... as for limited, i just read limited supplies, nothing about a limited run - i sure hope you are wrong and vzw gets their {word filter avoidance} together.,..

Fair enough ....

but, not sure there's a difference from a practical sense- limited supplies will all but guarantee limited support and limited availability. It all means the same when you need to replace your device or some quirk happens like the standby lockup with the TP2 that makes you want to toss an otherwise good device out the window while driving over the George Washington Bridge.

I hope i'm wrong and they get their stuff together ... I'd like to think that past performance is no guarantee of the future but this is Verizon we're talking about not a stock..  from the Treo to the TP, to the TP2 - that's three dogs in a row that were made that way because of Verizon's customizations, support and policies- not because of how they came from the manufacturer and were originally intended to be configured.

As much as I want the Trophy, I've got one of those little voices telling me that if it does sell out fast, there will probably be something better right around the corner that will make me regret the decision to get it now... especially after I was able to finally hack my TP2 enough to stop it from locking up. The flip side is if it doesn't sell well, Verizon will probably shift blame to Microsoft, call it a dog and use it as an excuse to nix Windows Phone altogether.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

16GB and SLC would be worth the now 7 month wait since launch, but at this point I'll take any WinPhone7 I can get.

0 Likes
Talzor

I too am a (well not too) satisfied Verizon customer... have been since Air Touch days. I have been waiting and waiting along with the rest of you but sadly my Moto Q died on my night before last and I was forced to get  a new phone... (was hoping my old phone would last one more week)

Good thing VZW has that 30 day (right) return policy... I will be at the front door the of my closest VZW store the morning the W7 phone is released.

VIA LA Windows 7 PHONE!!!!   :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
NeedWP7-NOW

Are you sure about the 16GB & SLCD?  That would be a nice improvement from the original Trophy.  I guess since May 5th has come and gone, we are now looking at May 12th?  Anyone willing to bet it's gonna be June before we hear anything... :smileysad:

0 Likes