Re: Windows Phone 7
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

chodi wrote:

dont know about the rest of you, but i am starting to feel like tom hanks in ground hogs day....  its the same thing played over and over each week.  we keep hearing that next thursday it will be release, thursday comes and they say next thursday, that thursday come and.....

There's a FedEx pilot on a desert island with a bunch of not-yet-activated phones, bound for Verizon, talking to a ball named Wilson.  Yeah, that's what the holdup is.  I'm sure of it.

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

hopmedic wrote:

LE2Strat wrote:

All we want is a WP7 phone...is that TO MUCH to ask for?

I am not eligible for an upgrade right now, but this fall I will be once Mango comes out, and i will be jumping on the first Verizon WP7 phone with the mango update that comes out.

This fall we'll still be waiting for Trophy and praising God that it is going to come with NoDo.  By then we'd be happy with a phone that uses punch cards, and has a crank on it to call and have the operator connect you.

How about a pair of dixie cups with a kite string?

Just because Microsoft makes mango ready in the fall, doesn't mean Verizon will make it available to us. They'll have to recertify it etc... If history is an indication, verizon won't have it available till this time next year.

0 Likes
DavidinCT
Enthusiast - Level 1

TonySoprano wrote:

Yeah, just keep putting it off and after 23 years with PacTel>Airtouch>Verizon I am CLOSE to jumping SHIP!

I've been with Verizon for over 10 years now, HTC Trophy or the HTC HD7s (AT&T) what ever phone comes first I will get...

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Just read a forum post by a VZW employee over on WPCentral.com, who got his training today, and said that the HTC rep said 5/26 release date.  Testing was allegedly completed yesterday.  We'll see...  In the mean time, I'm enjoying my Sammy Focus.

0 Likes
StillLearnin

I saw that too. There was something about no 4G also.

Really, 6 months after rolling out LTE they're going to release a smart phone that doesn't have 4G?

And the Trophy screen is LCD instead of SLCD, and they think that it's worth $199?

I'm **bleep** at myself for waiting so long. I've been off contract for over a year. I didn't like any of their smart phones a year ago, then I heard about LTE and thought I'd wait until the end of the year and get a 4G phone. Then they said no 4G devices until spring. WP7 seems like a better choice for me, so I've been patiently waiting on VZW to release the Trophy, and now it sounds like it's only half-baked.

I guess I can wait another week and see what gets released, but it's not sounding very promising at this point.

Maybe that's why they've been so tight lipped about WP7. I think it's time for me to move on.

If they released a road map of upcoming WP7 phones, and gave some kind of assurance that they would update them (think Mango) in a timely manner, I might be interested in 2 more years, but at this point, I don't think they care about Windows customers. I already feel like the **bleep** step child.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

StillLearnin wrote:

I saw that too. There was something about no 4G also.

Really, 6 months after rolling out LTE they're going to release a smart phone that doesn't have 4G?

And the Trophy screen is LCD instead of SLCD, and they think that it's worth $199?

I'm **bleep** at myself for waiting so long. I've been off contract for over a year. I didn't like any of their smart phones a year ago, then I heard about LTE and thought I'd wait until the end of the year and get a 4G phone. Then they said no 4G devices until spring. WP7 seems like a better choice for me, so I've been patiently waiting on VZW to release the Trophy, and now it sounds like it's only half-baked.

I guess I can wait another week and see what gets released, but it's not sounding very promising at this point.

Maybe that's why they've been so tight lipped about WP7. I think it's time for me to move on.

If they released a road map of upcoming WP7 phones, and gave some kind of assurance that they would update them (think Mango) in a timely manner, I might be interested in 2 more years, but at this point, I don't think they care about Windows customers. I already feel like the **bleep** step child.

Well, myself, with all the battery life problems of the 4g devices, I won't be upset staying with 3g for a while.  Especially since it's unlikely that 3g will hit my area anytime soon. 

As far as the LCD, if you read more over there, it sounds like the HTC rep could have been saying that it was LCD not AMOLED, as in it could be SLCD.  I have heard that HTC wasn't using plain LCD anymore, but that could be wrong. 

I'm probably going to buy without a contract when the Trophy comes out, especially since my contract isn't up yet....  Use my upgrade when something better comes out.  I really believe my use of Trophy will be temporary.  But for now, man, this Focus sure is nice.  It has half the memory of the Trophy, though - so MORE APPS WILL FIT IN TROPHY!  LOL

0 Likes
texanator
Enthusiast - Level 3

hopmedic wrote:

Well, myself, with all the battery life problems of the 4g devices, I won't be upset staying with 3g for a while.  Especially since it's unlikely that 3g will hit my area anytime soon. 

As far as the LCD, if you read more over there, it sounds like the HTC rep could have been saying that it was LCD not AMOLED, as in it could be SLCD.  I have heard that HTC wasn't using plain LCD anymore, but that could be wrong. 

I'm probably going to buy without a contract when the Trophy comes out, especially since my contract isn't up yet....  Use my upgrade when something better comes out.  I really believe my use of Trophy will be temporary.  But for now, man, this Focus sure is nice.  It has half the memory of the Trophy, though - so MORE APPS WILL FIT IN TROPHY!  LOL

You do know you can load the Focus with up to 64GB SD and it will use it all as system mem? You would then have a 72GB WP7 phone!

0 Likes
protonhead

If you look at the specs on the leaked Best Buy page it says TFT-LCD! (that's not good)

0 Likes
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

texanator wrote:

You do know you can load the Focus with up to 64GB SD and it will use it all as system mem? You would then have a 72GB WP7 phone!

Actually the card format is Micro SD and the max is 32GB for a total of 40GB of storage.  BUT as someone who has had a 40GB Samsung Focus since November I can say that it is very sweet indeed. :smileyhappy: Holds all of my music, games, and a few 720p full-length  movies to boot...

The Trophy has always been intended for my Wife as she has a Verizon account and was on contract until just a couple of weeks ago.  Given that the Focus is being offered via Best Buy for free right now with a 2 year contract I may just begin pushing her to switch...

0 Likes
moncenhs

I am going to go to bed tonight praying for the Trophy release tomorrow, but I have little faith.  I'm almost certain I will wake up to the nightmare of no Trophy for one or two more weeks.

0 Likes