Re: Windows Phone 7
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

Looking better for those stuck/locked on Verizon or here by choice. May 5th is the latest rumored day. Seems quite likely as this forum just went live last night, BestBuy has a placeholder Verizon HTC Trophy device screencapped the day earlier, etc.

0 Likes
BKsInBarre
0 Likes
kitron

How do you have the device show up at best buy and the forums created before an official announcement?

Do they even care about this platform?

0 Likes
Tripp06

It is good to see some movement at all from Verizon.  I have been out of my contract for almost two years now waiting for WP7.  I had just starting considering moving to AT&T due to Verizon's inaction.  Hopefully these steps are leading to an annoucement.  Maybe we will even see a LTE WP7 phone before 2015 now that the glacial pace from Verizon seems to be picking up.

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

kitron wrote:

How do you have the device show up at best buy and the forums created before an official announcement?

Do they even care about this platform?

Its not the first time, nor is it the last time this has happened. Verizon has shown fairly consistantly in the past that phones they dont intented to promote will get poor treatment and release info. Just from a bit of experience, there is usually a reason behind this such as poor performance or quality issues. If they put their name behind a good phone changes are they have dont quite a bit of research and will continue to put forward a high level of service once the phone is out.

I picked up the Omnia II when it first came out and it has been the red headed step child for Verizon. No prerelease attention and little to no support after its release, its been very frustrating. I too am looking for an WP7 device, but im not interested in the Trophy. There should be plenty more coming down the pipe this summer/fall.

Oh ya, and regarding your last comment about caring about windows platform... Verizon has said on several occasions that they do not need WP7 to be successful, they have put a large amount of chips in the Droid basket. That being said, Nokia CEO has mentioned they will be partnering with Verizon to develop a phone. This Nokia WP7 device is the one im most interested to see. From the mock-ups they have released so far, it looks like one hell of a phone. If this comes to fruition, Verizon will make a very big spectical out of it im sure so we should see quite a bit of news coming later this year. Id venture to say this would most likely be the 2nd largest phone announcement this year, next only to the iphone 5.

0 Likes
mbair

I have also been holding out for the WP7 devices.  Please give us release dates for the phones.

0 Likes
zuneluver
0 Likes
mooreshelby
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am eagerly awaiting a Windows Phone 7 device on verizon. I have an HTC HD7 now on T-Mobile, but their service barely reaches me and no 3G. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Not applicable
That's a familiar story I went to T Mobile--but I don't see something from Verizon by Saturday - it simply tells me to take it to AT&T, this way the whole family will get new phones and I will have a choice of windows phones. The lack of support from Verizon staff, their lack of knowledge, the quiet non-existing marketing says Verizon will not be a leader with Windows phones or even lead with the next version when mango comes out. As it stands AT&T is showing great leadership and innovation and is even coming out with its 4 windows phone. Sorry Verizon its been a long customer relationship going south just so you can sell Google phones
0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Listen, I understand the company was **bleep** because of the Kin.  But do you just stop dead stream and kick and scream like a spoiled child does or do you take your lickings like any other company does and move on. 

Why are the Windows Phone 7 numbers down, hum... because the NUMBER ONE CARRIER IN AMERICA decided to stick it back to Microsoft.  The bottom line is to your share holders period.  Only way to make it up to them is continue to do what your business model has always been.  Provide service, Period!!! 

The customers have been asking, begging, pleading with Verizon to release the phone and yet you go with Apple and the stupid iPhone.  Which hello, the numbers are in.  The phone sold but has worse coverage on BIG RED then AT&T!!!

At the end of the day we want SERVICE FIRST, and a DEVICE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS SECOND!!!

Microsoft has spent alot of time and money on this device.  Just look at all of Microsoft's latest products where they allowed beta testing before release and applied all the feedback into that product;

Windows 7 Operating System, Internet Explorer 9, Windows Server, etc.

Windows Phone 7 is an excellent device that has had alot of time and developement put into it but not alot of companies given it the benefit of the doubt.  If we all take Windows 7 Operating System as an example, the numbers will show in the end.  Once Verizon decides to finally give in and just sell Windows Phone 7 Devices.... the numbers will be there. 

If Verizon actually puts some time, effort and resources to sponsoring the product as much as they do with iPhone or Google devices... the word of mouth alone in the first 3 months will be rock solid and I bet Verizon wont be able to keep enough product in stock.

Verizon, just make your customers happy and release Windows Phone 7 already!!!  The only excuse I will excuss I will except is that Verizon held off until the best hardware was available for the device, unlike my HTC Imagio Windows Mobile Phone 6.5 which I love but wish it had better hardware running it. 

Hopefully Verizon you are going to give all us patient, loyal customers a Windows Phone 7 device that hasn't been released on any other network yet and that is 4G LTE compatible... Like the HTC HD3... I hope this is the phone your hiding up your sleeve BIG RED!!!

Some Special Features of HTC HD3 are given below:

* 4.5-inch WXGA Super AMOLED multi-touch display
* 8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash
* 720p HD video recording
* 1080p HD playback
* Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
* 3G / 4G connectivity
* 32GB microSD support
* 1GB RAM / 1GB ROM
* 1.5GHz Snapdragon processor
* 1800 mAh battery
* 115mm x 65mm x 10mm