Re: Windows Phone 8.1 & Cyan Firmware - When?
KeegdnaB42
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no answer that can be given other than a complete lack of respect by Verizon for its customers. It does not matter if someone owns a device that has sold in the hundreds or millions, there is no excuse for not supporting every single device to the fullest extent. I don't understand why people come in here and try to defend this company's actions just because they're fanboys. Support is support and I do not deserve lesser service than someone with an iPhone. This situation is 100% on Verizon. Microsoft released the update to them for testing in July. They held up their end and Verizon is deliberately failing to hold up theirs. Everyone who posts in this forum is 100% justified in their anger and deserve answers.

Not applicable

Seriously guys if you feel disrespected by Verizon LEAVE? I'm not trying to be mean, but how do you expect Verizon to change if you continue to stay? So you complain, big deal? why should they care about that? they can ignore you. It's like if your kid is misbehaving and you say "Do that again and I'll punish you" except you never do and the kid knows you won't. Guess what they will not change their behavior.

jsh17001
Contributor - Level 1

Word from Microsoft is that they are working on the Cyan update for all Lumia Devices on Verizon.

See this link for more details Microsoft: 'Work is underway' on Verizon's Lumia Cyan updates | Windows Central

0 Likes
WinPhoneAdvocate
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because unfortunately, I am hear because of their rock solid network and the alternative is 2nd Rate

0 Likes
WinPhoneAdvocate
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not agree more, Verizon has breached its commitment to support it's customers that purchased Windows phones.  Verizon it is time to get on or get off the fence, either tell us you have abandoned windows phones for good and I will unhappily go to AT&T where it is supported, OR STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND UPDATE THE PHONES AS WE THE COSTOMER DESERVER AND EXPECT !!!!

0 Likes
WinPhoneAdvocate
Enthusiast - Level 2

The software and firmware was released to carriers in July

Tidbits
Legend

It wasn't released to carriers in July... It was released to manufacturers in July...

0 Likes
SeraphX2
Enthusiast - Level 3

n Nokia is the one who makes Cyan and they are the manufacturer.  So they released it to themselves?  Cyan is only for Lumia phones.  It was released to Carriers to start testing in July.

Tidbits
Legend

Doesn't mean it was finished. Just like Nokia admitted it was rejected... Just saying.

0 Likes
SeraphX2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where did they say it was rejected?  I'd like to see what they said about it.