Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 for Lumia 928
EquiGym_mz2k

When will Lumia 928 be getting the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2?

Will Lumia 928 be able to get upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile?

So far I see from Microsoft OS version 8.10.14219.341 (released 5 December 2014), or higher, will get the upgrade.

My 928 shows 8.10.14203.306, released almost a year ago. (13 November 2014)

Are we going to get anything newer? IE 8.10.15116.125 (GDR2), released 2 March 2015.

Or is this another cell carrier dragging there feet and dropping support for phones they don't feel like keeping up with?

I dropped sprint for this very reason.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 for Lumia 928
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

New updates are exciting to experience EquiGym_mz2k. After all, they bring enahncements to an already amazing Lumia 928. May I ask are you having any issues with your 928? Keep i nmind that the main reason for software updates is to resolve any known issue reoprted to the manufacturer. What issue are you experiencing that you feel a software update is needed? While there isn't any official info on if/when a software update will be available for the Lumia 928, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site weekly. Here's a link for your reading pleasure. http://spr.ly/6586BO4JY
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lsljr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why can't you just answer the question that was asked?  How come the update has not been released to Lumia users?  I also have an HTC M8 and that was updated.  I am very seriously considering moving the 3 phones in my house as well a the three phones on my mothers account to ATT where we can get Windows phones.  Please don't give me the we have alternatives line I want a Windows flagship phone not an android phone without a standard operating system or an iPhone with its proprietary software.  When apple releases a software update you send it out right away how come Windows Mobile isn't given the same respect?  Verizon does not care about their customers I am finding this is true with FIOS too!!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lsljr

Having the most up to date phone is important for everyone. We would be so sad to see you go over a manufacturers update. We do not have any information about update releases. This is never given out until the update actually launches. Are you having any difficulty with your phones? What is going on?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lsljr
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update is over a year old!!  I would be leaving over the lack of carrying new Lumia phones not over an update!  My phone is fine but the new features that the 8.1 update 2 has works great on the HTC M8 we own and My question is why was it released for that phone and not the Lumia Phones??  So Verizon has released teh update how could you not know the release date?

0 Likes