Re: Windows Phone 8 GDR3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello EDev!

Thank you for providing the information. Upon receipt of your post, it was too late to contact you directly, but I'm not giving up and would still like to assist you!
I wanted to ask that you edit or remove the post with your phone number included. You were asked for a Private Message, but your reply was in the public forum, so please remove it.
I have followed you, so please follow me back and send me a DM with the information so I can reach out personally and assist you with a resolution. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yaddle13,

I understand your concern. You can kept up to date with updates via VZW News;http://bit.ly/n5snpq. We'll ensure to keep you posted there. 

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZW

0 Likes
Toxicbill

This response is simply  ridiculous . . .

Good things come to those who wait?  Really?  What is so great about listen to my other buddies with the latest WP8 update and its features while I sit back with nothing to show or say?  Again . . Verizon Wireless is the last of the major carriers to give us GDR3.

As for the link you supplied . . it gives no information on updates, it's just a generic Verizon news site.

You guys can do better.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Would be nice to get this SOON. Today alone had to delete 2 text threads and reboot my phone 3 times to send 2 text messages.  

0 Likes
RTGardner

I too have poor bluetooth connectivity since GDR2.  Even worse, the phone thinks it's connected to the car long after I've left the vehicle.  That means all my calls get routed to a nonexistent bluetooth connection unless I remember to manually reset it.

I've been to the Microsoft Store, and they say it's a Verizon/HTC problem.  Verizon says my phone's under warranty, but they'll only replace it with an identical item.  I need to get this fixed (GDR3) or I'll need to switch carriers.  My phone contract & warranty are up in a few days, and I'm EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Major_Payne, good things come to those that wait. Stay tuned for information regarding upcoming software updates here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq Meanwhile, let's take a closer look at the issues that you're experiencing with your device. Try deleting all unwanted text messages, call logs, and e-mails. You should also uninstall any unwanted applications on your device, as well. Once you power your device off/on, I trust that your device will perform better. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

So by good things I'm to take it as we have to wait for our phones to get the text messaging bug fixed with GDR3?

In the meantime we are supposed to suck it up and keep on wasting time etc. cause the phone has been unreliable since GDR2?

As far as your other suggestions. The phone as been reset wiped etc more than once since GDR2 to try to make it even half way reliable.

It's sad that we are told this scripted stuff when it's a bug in the last update that is causing the problem for all of us.

Your link doesn't mention anything about a release date for GDR3 for my phone either so not sure what the goal there was.

If I come across as frustrated it is because I am. I've been a Verizon customer along time and this is the first phone I've had to suffer through months of issues waiting for Verizon to fix the bugged release they put out.

0 Likes
icetruckilla

Can confirm. My 8X updated to GDR3 as part of SU4 this morning.

Praise Jeebus!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thats very exciting icetruckilla! Enjoy the updates to your amazing device! Have a great weekend, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
droberts0503

I got the upgrade for my 8X as well. Now my down volume doesn't work right and it's difficult to lower the volume. Awesome.

0 Likes